5 Word tricks that will help you present your work

Tips to improve the professionalism of our university jobs.

29

>> The Microsoft program has become a reference for the writing of documents.

>> Its versatility and compatibility with different devices and operating systems are one of its best qualities.

>> It is not necessary to be an expert to present quality works.

The basic product of the Microsoft Office package is already known all over the world. Many of us use it daily to work, be it at school, university or in the office. But the program has been evolving and many times we can not understand it or we do not take all the advantage that we could give in the presentation of important documents. A website called SoftwareKeep, From there you can Purchase Microsoft Word.

It is not necessary to be an expert in office automation to give a more professional touch to our work. So let's see a few Word tricks to make the most of it.

1.- Cover

When opening the Word, the program gives us the option to choose different formats for the elaboration of documents. Normally we give a "blank sheet", without going over the other possibilities.

It is possible to create the covers of our work easily with Word options. In these templates, the typography, the font size, and the appropriate spaces are already predetermined so that we only change the content, as well as the space reserved for the image.

2.- Header, footer, and numbering

Details that will be appreciated by anyone who has to read the document you submit. These guides also give a more academic touch to your work. These options are found in the Insert tab, located in the upper left, next to the home.

3.- Columns and tables

They serve to divide and organize the information the content of our document. Many times it is easier to understand what we read when the most relevant is presented in blocks, besides being more pleasing to the eye.

The function to divide into columns is found in the top page design tab, while the tables are in the Insert tab.

4.- Final document overview

Sometimes, by making long writings and modifying them, the structure of the document is lost. Many times we realize in the end when we have already presented the work and it is already too late.

Within the upper view tab, we have the option to see all our work to one or several pages. Very practical tool, especially if we have tables, graphs or images inside the document.

5.- Export as PDF

Although one of the advantages offered by Word is its compatibility with various devices, programs, and operating systems, sometimes our work may suffer alterations in design or typography when opened on another computer.

To avoid this catastrophe, it is recommended that when we finish our project, besides saving it, we export it in PDF format. This will ensure that the file will open as we left it the last time. This option can be found in File -> Save as Adobe PDF.

These tricks help us to save time and improve the presentation of our work. But remember that content is king and that depends only on you.