We all can relate: freshman year was filled with excitement, struggle, and a whole lot of learning (what the heck was going on.) So now that we've had a school year to learn the ropes and adapt, it should all be good now, right? For me, school obviously feels easier, but not the same—here are a few odd realizations I've thought about with my past couple days back on campus:

1. Move in is “calmer” than freshmen year but not quite as easy.

Move in was just as crazy as you remembered as a freshman FOR freshmen, but nothing makes you ACTUALLY crazy more than moving all your stuff back to campus (from home, storage units, friends' houses near campus, etc.) Sure I know there aren't loads of excited matching people helping you move in, but at least it makes it a quicker process.

2. Starting classes isn’t as emotion evoking.

Whether as a freshman you were really scared, excited, lost, or sure, I feel we’d all agree whatever emotions we feel walking up to new classes now is way more relaxed.

3. Shopping for what you need is not as exciting or stressful (more like an accepted responsibility.)

Many of us live off campus or with more people to split pay or is part of their on-campus requirement. Either way, your houses, apartments, dorms, or whatever admittedly have a lot more space to take care of and many things to maintain. Sure it's cute for a little, but now it's talking even more about who has to do what or what YOU have to do to truly enjoy this non-freshmen experience. It's so worth it though, just definitely different.

4. I still get lost finding classrooms but I’m a bit more confident about it.

I go to a smaller sized school and I still sometimes get confused where certain rooms are, but now I’m just so indifferent to it. People find it funny, I just call it acceptance.

5. My class & I aren’t the “babies” on campus anymore.

Sure, there’s no more singling out or teasing/joking around, but it was a harmless and funny experience (from what I experienced.) The process is one you bond on really and is kind of fun and special because we all go through it—but that’s probably important to view with the new freshmen. You get to welcome a whole new class of new faces to your clubs, organizations, classes, srats, and so much more! It’s honestly very exciting (to me.)

Happy new school year to all you new sophomores, juniors, seniors, and especially you new freshmen—enjoy you little square rooms and confusion over all your required events!