5 Websites Useful For College Students and 4 That You Should Avoid Like The Plague

Websites for anything a college student may need.
264

Are you a student in college or a student that will be in college and need help getting started on research or studying for a test?

Need to find out what people are saying about your professors or ones you could have in the future?

If this is you, then these are a few websites that could be useful to you while doing research and some that aren't.

Useful

1. Quizlet.com

This website is a great study tool for any subject or test. You can create your own flashcards or if you're lazy you can study someone else's. It also includes study games which are great for testing your memory.

2. bibme.org / easybib.com

Both websites are useful if your writing a research paper and aren't exactly sure how to do your works cited or a reference page for any paper. Not only that but both cites have auto-fill and can easily locate a website with a simple search.

3. PlagTracker.com

This is a good website to ensure that your research paper, essay and anything else you write is as original as possible.

4. RateMyProfessors.com

This is a college professor rating site and all ratings are done by students for future students. It can help you figure out good professors before you decide on classes for the next year/ semester to ensure you get the teachers you want.

5. Grammarly.com

This is great if you're someone who struggles with punctuation and spelling (like me). It makes a sub-par paper better and you can be fairly sure your paper is error-free.

Not Useful

These include any websites that state an opinion and are not necessarily the best to use.

1. Wikipedia

While it may be an easy place to get information for a paper or any other aspect of research. Wikipedia often doesn't have the most accurate info as anyone can post "facts" on to the site.

2. Personal Websites

When doing a research paper, it can be difficult to determine if the people who wrote the sites are knowledgeable or not about their topic.

3. Some news sites

While they are great places to get information from, they aren't so great to do research papers with.

4. Bias Websites

Look out for ones that lean one way or another and when writing a paper try to be as neutral as possible.

Hope this helps a college student somewhere looking for answers!