5 Websites Guaranteed To Save You Money On Overpriced Textbooks
Technology

Resources to use when the bookstore is sucking your bank account dry.

98
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78572993@N00/2226696853

Let's be honest, when you first scan over a class syllabus, fingers are crossed that a textbook isn't required. Why? Because textbooks can be tragically expensive. Statistically, students can easily spend about $1200 on books per year; no doubt an alarming figure for college freshman.

Luckily there are websites that allow students to rent or buy textbooks at a generous cost.

1. Chegg.com

Chegg may sound familiar to those who've previously used this website for studying, but they also rent out books! I was able to use Chegg this semester to rent eight textbooks for only $174; it was a steal. Not only does Chegg heavily slash prices, orders over $35 get free shipping, and they ensure free returns.

2. Amazon.com/textbooks

I'll just say what everyone is thinking: Amazon has everything! I've only had positive experiences when renting textbooks from Amazon, and their returns are also free. Although they may not have every textbook you need available to rent, you can purchase used books for as cheap as $10 or less. I also recommend renting or buying from Amazon if you have a student prime account.

3. Student2Student.com

Student 2 Student is different from Chegg and Amazon because it is designed for students to buy and sell their textbooks. With Student 2 Student you can sell your books for cash, and buy textbooks for the new semester at a lower price. The exchange isn't held online because you deliver to other students on your campus. No shipping or returns involved. This is great for those who need their textbooks fast and cheap!

4. Textbookrentals.com

On textbookrentals.com you can browse, compare, and save on your books for the semester. This website helps students filter through multiple other sites that rent or sell the book they're looking for, while also providing price summaries and individual shipping prices. Comparison categories that you can browse include 125+ day rentals, 90-day rentals, 60-day rentals, new or used book purchases, and e-textbook purchases. You can also sell textbooks through this website.

5. Textbookrush.com

With textbookrush.com, it's easy to buy, rent, or sell books. If you have an account you can easily access your buyback cart which always includes free shipping. As for your regular cart, shipping is free with purchases over $35. You can also get cash for books, games, and movies that you sell on textbookrush.com!

This semester reduce your textbook stress and pay less!