5 Ways To Spread Christmas Cheer

5 Ways To Spread Holiday Cheer

The holidays aren't about the food, fun holiday movies, gifts, or joyful music, its family and spreading the love.

21
5 Ways To Spread Holiday Cheer

The holidays are often misconceived as a time to give and receive. When realistically the holidays are supposed to be a time to give thanks and show love. Many people are so invested in giving to there friends and family that they forget about the kids and families that may not be able to celebrate this special time. It's important to keep these families in mind over the holidays and maybe spread a little cheer by donating to put a smile on one child's face. Here are a few places to donate this holiday season!

1. Toys for Tots

Toys for Tots in one of the most well-known organizations and personally one of my favorites. This is such a simple and easy way to make less fortunate children all across American feel unique.

Toys for Tots collects unused toys beginning of October. What makes this so cool, is that it is entirely run by US Marines.

One marine in every community is "the organizer," and starts fundraising and advertising, and this eventually leads to millions of toys for children.

It is estimated that last year the primary goal was to raise 7 million toys, as that was how many less fortunate children they were distributing them to... they ended up getting 18 million toys!!

2. The Salvation Army 

The Salvation Army is one of the most recognized and popular donation sites during the holidays. You see them on street corners, at the grocery store, at malls and pretty much anywhere where you find people congested.

This is so simple and does so much even by just donated a dollar in those red buckets. The money raised helps a range of people from the less fortunate, to veterans, to disaster survivors.

They don't only help families, but they support the LGBTQ community, people who have gone through abuse or human trafficking. They try to help as many families until the money runs out. Find out more about this excellent organization at https://www.salvationarmyusa.org/usn/home/#whatwedo

3. Be an Elf 

Along with toys for tots, this is another organization that helps less fortunate kids. When I first heard of this, I thought it was the coolest idea ever, and I immediately wanted to get involved in it. Mail carriers from across the country collect children's Christmas lists; those lists are later posted online. People within the area get to pick one of the lists and become Santa. Different from toys for tots, this gives you a connection with one kid, and I think that is so special. By the time I went to sign for this amazing opportunity, all the children were already taken care of in my area, which was very heartwarming. Check to make sure Santa will be visiting all the kids in your area at https://www.delivercheer.com

And you can learn more about this foundation at https://beanelf.org/who-we-are/

4. The Christmas Box International 

The Christmas Box International is an organization that helps children who have been through neglect, abuse, or homelessness.

They give teens and young children a Christmas home, and sometimes these children remain in that home for years.

They provide them with food and therapy.

There are many ways to get involved whether it just be donating money online, sending an unwrapped gift, spreading the word about the organizations, giving old clothing, or even going to the site in Utah and bringing children in foster care gifts personally.

https://thechristmasbox.org/projectelf/

5. Red Cross 

The Red Cross is always the right place to donate to during that holidays. The Red Cross is primarily focused on giving blood to anyone from military families to disaster survivors. It is made super easy to donate. You can access the donating site using this link https://www.redcross.org/about-us/our-work/disaste...

Related Articles Around the Web