5 Ways To Handle The Stress Of Earning Your Degree From Your Childhood Bedroom

We'll get through this together.

16

As Thanksgiving break approaches, I'm sure we're all getting excited to have a week off of classes. However, if you live in a loud household like I do, you may be worrying about the time in between Thanksgiving break and winter break.

Getting schoolwork done from your childhood bedroom can be challenging, but it's definitely not impossible. Here are my top tips to help you ace your finals from home.

Create a workspace.

Amazon

If you have a desk in your room, surround it with things to help you stay productive. Examples include a planner, desk lamp, or cork board.

If you don't have a desk, no worries. A good alternative is a lap desk that you can use anywhere in your house.

Don't procrastinate.

Lacie Slezak on Unsplash

Your best bet is to get your work done as early as possible, so the house is more likely to be quiet. If you procrastinate your work until the nighttime, that 11:59 pm deadline can feel much more difficult to meet.

Take breaks.

Max van den Oetelaar on Unsplash

Sitting in your bedroom all day can definitely take a toll on your mental health. When I say take a break, I don't mean spend an hour scrolling through TikTok. You should take a break that will make you feel refreshed, like taking a walk outside or having a snack.

If you're feeling overwhelmed, remember to take a step back and breathe.

Try a change of scenery.

Haydn Golden on Unsplash

The adjustment from school life to home life can be a tough one to make. If you find yourself missing the resources you had at school, take advantage of what your home has to offer!

If you need a break from your bedroom, you can try going to a local library or coffee shop.

Remember to wear your mask!

Meet with classmates over Zoom.

Chris Montgomery on Unsplash

If you find that you're stressed working from home, keep in mind that you're not alone! Your classmates are going through the same thing as you are, so why not work together?