Don't Miss Out On These 5 Trader Joe's Items

Don't Miss Out On These 5 Trader Joe's Finds

I don't know many twenty-year-olds as obsessed with grocery shopping as I am, or maybe I'm just assuming I'm super quirky and the only young girl in the world who asks to tag along with Mom every Sunday to Trader Joe's.

12

There's a very fat chance that I'm not the only one who loves Trader Joe's, from its wonderland of frozen dinners and desserts and array of funky crackers to add to your cheese plate on Wine Night, I am very passionate about TJ's name-brand delicacies. Here are five of my favorite Trader Joe's items to get that I think would be tragic for you and your probably already-full cart to pass by.

1. Organic Elote Corn Chip Dippers

OH MY GOD! If you don't get these after I told you about them, I'll most likely hate you. Just kidding, but you should absolutely break out of your comfort zone that is constructed of basic-bitch Tostitos Restaurant Style tortilla chips and dip these in your homemade guacamole instead. These chips have Mexican Street Corn seasoning on them, so you already know that they're better than any chip you'll ever have in your life (maybe besides Pringles, but those are my guilty pleasure so I'm biased. These are in second place for me). Try them, and if you do and you hate them, don't blame me but instead your poor taste in chips-to-eat-before-stuffing-your-face-with-fajitas-and-drinking-too-many-margaritas. Sorry, I don't make the rules.

2. Shredded 3-Cheese Blend 

Picture this: Mozzarella, Monterey Jack, and Cheddar. The three best friends a girl could ever have, and you never have to worry about whether or not Mozzarella will mesh well with Cheddar at group hangouts or if the three of them will become better friends and start a new group chat without you in it. This cheese blend is here for you, through every chicken enchilada recipe, extra-gooey quesadilla, and bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich for those early-morning commutes to that internship you hate. But seriously, this Trader Joe's cheese blend is to die for and puts Sargento or whatever lesser-brand you buy from the Stop 'n Shop to shame.

3. Mini Chicken Tacos 

If your childhood (or maybe adult life, I don't judge) didn't consist of trays and trays of Trader Joe's Mini Chicken Tacos for lunch then I feel bad for you. To be honest, they don't look that appetizing but they taste like everything you've ever wanted. Eat them for lunch, for a snack, or if your mom is one of those healthy moms and doesn't let you buy frozen tacos then hint to your friend with a chill mom that Trader Joe's Mini Chicken Tacos are all the rage these days and she should totally buy them one time and should totally make them next time you're over at her house.

4. Mandarin Orange Chicken 

Everyone likes Chinese food, unless you have an MSG allergy or something (if this is you, I'm so sorry). Sometimes you're too lazy to wait for delivery for your favorite mandarin orange chicken and noodles, or you're too broke to spend money for someone to cook it for you. Fear not, Trader Joe's has saved the day once again! Next time you're craving Chinese, head to TJ's instead of the joint down the street and cook up some frozen Mandarin Orange Chicken. Hey, buy two packs and share with your friends who share your love for this cuisine. Easy, inexpensive, and not to mention way less greasy than what comes out of your typical take out containers. Also, it's delicious, if I forgot to mention that.

5. Orange Peach Mango Juice

Drink it with breakfast! Add a splash of it to your everyday, boring smoothie! Use it in a cocktail if you're of appropriate age to do so! Orange Peach Mango juice from Trader Joe's tastes just as good as it sounds. There's something about all of these orange-tinted fruits that just makes everything taste better. So take my advice, stop drinking the mundane beverage you call "Tropicana" and spice up your life with a carton of Orange Peach Mango. Then go out and buy another one the next day because I swear to you said carton will be gone by the end of the day, it's that delicious.