There are tones of ways that we waste time, but these are the most common and relatable.

Scrolling through Social Media

Photo by Marten Bjork on Unsplash

Starting off relatable, is something most if not all of us can we relate to. "I just want to see what my friends are doing." "I want to catch up on the latest news." Whatever your excuse is, there's no such thing as a quick check on social media because before you realize it, hours have already passed.

Watching Videos

If you're with your friends or family, then at least your building bonds with them. But if you're on your own, don't waste hours on YouTube or binge-watching that latest show. If you're just watching videos for the sake of watching, then turn off your device and make use of your time.

Playing Video Games

Photo by Ion Şipilov on Unsplash

Again if you're with friends, then game on! But if you're on your lonesome, then put the controller down or close your laptop and go hang out with someone in person or go do something more productive with your time.

Checking Email

Photo by Web Hosting on Unsplash

We get a lot of email, all the time, but it's all not that important. You could waste hours reading through emails, whereas just deleting it, or better yet ignoring it will save you that much more time.

Sleeping

Photo by Paul Neil on Unsplash

This might sound odd at first, but here me out. There's a healthy amount of sleep (between 7 - 9 hours) and as long as we try to stick to that amount, then there's no need to sleep any longer. I'm definitely guilty of this cause I always want to get as much sleep as I can, but if I already had 9 hours of sleep, then I should get out of bed and do something more productive with my time than laying around all day.