5 Thoughts You Have When Watching Hamilton

My name is Alexander Hamilton

33
Youtube

On July 3rd, Hamilton made its' way onto Disney+. Since Disney made the announcement that it would be added to Disney+, fans have been eagerly waiting for its' arrival. Hamilton: An American Musical opened on Broadway in 2015. The show quickly became a hit for its' unique musical composition and as a result of its' 16 Tony Award Nominations. As a result of this, ticket prices for the show began to soar and it became almost impossible to see the show. Luckily for fans, the show was taped in June 2016 with the original Broadway cast for later release; this is what you will find on Disney+ today. The addition of Hamilton on Disney+ is important as it brings the performing arts to the homes of individuals. Last week, I watched Hamilton for the first time myself. Prior to its' release on Disney+ I had not been fortunate enough to see it live, I had only briefly listened to the cast recording. As a first time viewer, these are a few thoughts that popped into my head while watching Hamilton.

1. Why couldn't our founding fathers actually look like this?

If you've watched Hamilton you know there are some swoon-worthy cast members featured throughout the show. Personally, I can't help but to love Jonathan Groff who plays King George. So I know the rest of the world shares the same thoughts and wonders why the founding fathers couldn't actually look like that.

2. Wait, this song is catchy. 

Since I had never listened to the cast recording all the way through, I was able to discover some new songs I enjoyed from the musical. I am sure many people felt the same way whether they had never listened to it before or just hadn't listened to it in a while. I will say my new favorite is "Wait for it" so definitely give that one a second listen.

3. Well, that was sad.

Hamilton is an action packed musical but it also is filled with it's sad moments. I don't want to detail the sad moments too much but there are a handful you could think of from the show.

4. *Starts singing along*

Since the songs are so catchy, it is easy to find yourself sing along with the musical.

5. It's time to rewatch again.

Now that I've watched the musical once, I am ready to sit down and watch it again.