5 Classic Starbucks Orders And What They Say About You

Starbucks-lovers, your daily order says a lot about you.

52
woman holding starbucks disposable cup and smartphone

From lattes to frappuccinos, Starbucks offers a wide variety of customizable coffee orders.

1. Espresso - A True Coffee-Lover

coffee pouring into two clear glassesPhoto by Chase Eggenberger on Unsplash

As we know, espresso is the purest form of coffee. If you take espresso as your morning get-me-up, then you are either a true coffee lover or a really busy person. Espresso is the quickest way to get that caffeine in and your day going.

2. Iced Coffee - Every Teenage Girl's Go-To

white and brown starbucks cupPhoto by Gema Saputera on Unsplash

Iced coffee has become a very popular coffee order over the past decade. There are so many different ways to flavor and accentuate your iced coffee. From syrup mix-ins to creamers and cold foams, iced coffee is the holy grail of personalization. If you're ordering an iced coffee, you're most likely a teenage girl.

3. Latte - Playing It Safe

cappuccino in white starbucks mugPhoto by Samule Sun on Unsplash

Two ounces of espresso with around ten ounces of milk - and you can take it iced or hot. Lattes are not all that loaded on caffeine, so usually latte-drinkers are looking for a safe bet. My guess is that if you order a latte, you're not all that crazy about coffee.

4. Frappuccino - The Caffeine-Less Order

StarbucksPhoto by Q.U.I on Unsplash

Frappuccinos are frozen, blended coffees usually topped with whipped cream. There are a variety of different flavors to choose from, such as caramel ribbon crunch and mocha cookie crumble. However, frappuccinos are very low, if not empty, on caffeine. So, if you are looking for a pick-me-up, a frappuccino probably is not your best choice. If you're ordering a frappuccino, you're either bummed-out on coffee or ten years old.

5. Chai Latte - The No-Coffee Order

woman holding paper cupPhoto by Sorin Sîrbu on Unsplash

A chai latte is black tea infused with cinnamon, clove, and some other spices along with steamed milk and topped with foam. This drink is very comforting and a better way to get caffeine without going the coffee route. Someone asking for a chai latte is either a grandma or a young girl.