5 Things You Should Do To Make The Most Out Of Your Thanksgiving Break

With Thanks Giving Right Around The Corner, Why Not Make Sure Your Days Off Aren't Wasted

27
Double Fun Parties

Thanksgiving Break is possibly the most anticipated break all year. It not only gives students time to recover from over stuffing their faces on Thanksgiving Day but it also gives students a much-needed break before the stressful weeks leading to the Fall Semesters Finals Week. It is easy for students to spend to much time worrying about the exams that stand in their way of Winter Break, however, it is important that students utilize their time off to mentally and physically rest. Here is a list of things that can help ensure you make the most out of your Thanksgiving Break:

1. Clean Your Room

At this point of the semester, chances are you have accumulated a decent amount of loose papers around your room. With finals right around the corner, why not clean your room and give yourself a clean environment to study in. There's no better feeling than taking a nap in a squeaky-clean room after a stressful test. Plus, while cleaning your room you may even find a vital piece of studying material that will help make future study sessions go more smoothly.

2. Prepare Your Car For The Winter

With all the climate changes that have been seen these past years, we are enduring some of the coldest winter days in decades. Unfortunately, our cars are taking most of the beating as we drive comfortably in our heated seats and air conditioning. This means Thanksgiving Break is the perfect time to check the conditions of your car’s fluids, tires, and windshield wipers. It is also recommended that you keep salt or kitty litter in your trunk in the case that you get stuck in the snow. The Salt or kitty litter will give your car traction, hopefully sending you on your way.

3. Black Friday Shopping

If there's anything that we all look forward to more than grandma's mashed potatoes, it's all the Black Friday deals that help us tackle a lot of our Christmas shopping. The best thing about recent Black Friday deals is the fact that they are no longer a one-day event. There has been a new standard set in which stores typically give customers 2-3 days to catch the jaw-dropping deals. This is so the company can make as much revenue possible and more importantly prevent the violent crowds seen before this trend. Even if you don’t plan on buying anything, it is still fun to go to some of the stores and witness the madness that is Black Friday. And remember, we live in a Digital Era so Cyber Monday is just as beneficial to your wallet while being infinitely more convenient than Black Friday.

4. Catch Up On Sleep

Most students at any level of education, are eagerly anticipating the small window of freedom that will be granted during Thanksgiving Break. It will be easy to utilize this free time to stay up late doing things not ideal during a typical school week. Despite the temptation to stay up playing video games or Binge watching Netflix, students should take this off time to catch up on all the sleep that they have lost throughout the semester. Unfortunately, for those students who use this off time to stay up all night, food comas are an inevitable occurrence on Thanksgiving Night.

5. Friendly Turkey Bowl

The single best thing about Thanksgiving Break is the fact that all of your friends are in town with nothing to do. This makes for the perfect opportunity to schedule a friendly thanksgiving football game. Why not use the powers of social media to actually do something social. Friends often seek to begin traditions, as they can further strengthen friendships. This can be yours, so try your best to get everyone involved.