5 Things You Know If You're A Night Owl

5 Things You Know If You're A Night Owl

"I'll sleep when I'm dead" is something you say a lot.

81
wikimedia commons

People all have different routines when it comes to sleep schedules, and I totally respect that. Some people need a full 10 hours, and some get by with 3 - 5 on a good night. Some people can get up at the crack of dawn and be a functioning human; I am not one of those people. Here are 5 things you know if you're a night owl like me.

1. 11 p.m. onward is your prime.

It’s like a light kicks off, and your brain turns on. You can focus better, and actually, understand what you’re studying. Midnight to 1 a.m. is your power hour, and somehow despite procrastinating all day, you get everything done. It’s honestly a talent.

2. You haven’t gone to bed before 1 a.m. since 2015.

I’ve never understood people that are able to sleep before the hour of 10 or 11. How does your brain shut off? That’s when mine is beginning to race.

3. Mornings are your own version of hell.

Why are beds so comfy? Why would you want to leave the warmth of your cocoon? First rule: Do not talk to me until after 9:30 at the bare minimum. People that can get up at 5, 6 a.m. and be a functioning and happy human… are a foreign species. I do not understand them at all.

4. Coffee is lifeblood. Take it away and you die.

Somehow I ended up in an 8 a.m. class as a senior, something I vowed never to do. And yet, here I am. How do I make it to class, and remain a functioning human the rest of the day, you ask? I don’t. I’m always late to that class and am a shell of a person until I get a grande coffee with a minimum of two shots of espresso. Note: I don’t even like coffee, but in order to not be a zombie, it’s my lifeblood.

5. You never learn.

Despite being a zombie during the day, when 11 p.m. hits again, you think maybe I should go to bed so I won’t be so tired tomorrow. Then you laugh and stay up until 2. #TeamNoSleepStrikesAgain