5 Things The UCF Football Team Has Taught Me

I couldn't feel prouder to be a Knight!

206
Boyd's Bet by JD Terhart

If you have not been caught up on the college football bowl games or just football throughout the fall then you may not know that the University of Central Florida football team is the only undefeated college football team in the USA. The Knights ended their season beating Auburn, giving themselves a 13-0 season. Last year they ended their season with a 6-7 record, this year is a turning point. After watching and being at the UCF football games, this is what I learned from the team that I am so proud to support.

1. Change is OK.

I think this is the biggest thing I have learned from our Football team. All UCF supporters and more know that Scott Frost, our now previous football coach, moved on to coach at his Al-Ma Mater, Nebraska. Yes, it is a little frustrating however, our football team could not support Coach Frost more. They will be welcoming to Josh Heupel as both the team and Heupel go through changes. This will be a hard time for both the new coach and the team but they are not going to give up. Instead, they will work together to become a stronger team and family than they are now. Change happens, it is inevitable. How you deal with change is what matters.

2. Don't give up.

Sometimes during the football games, we are behind in the first half however, the team does not give up. In the second half, they come back and prove how much they still have. They give it 100 percent every game. Sometimes things don’t go as planned but they don’t let that hold them back, they continue to fight because they know how much better they can do. Life gets hard but not giving up and continuing to move forward shows how strong you are.

3. Don't let everyone's doubts hold you back.

Everyone that is not a fan of UCF believed that Auburn was going to win in the Peach Bowl. However, us UCF fans had no doubt in our minds that the team was going to pull through and win. They played really well and didn’t let other people’s doubts hold them back. Sometimes people doubt you, don’t listen to them. You know what you can do, prove them wrong. Believe in yourself just like the UCF Football team believed in themselves.

4. Things may go wrong but keep putting out positive energy.

This may sound similar to don’t give up but it’s not. No matter how bad things get, the football team doesn’t let that keep them down. Throughout games, things go wrong that just happens. However, there is not a time during the game when the UCF Knights don’t have energy. They continue to hype each other up whether it’s on the field, on the sidelines, or off the field. They can rely on each other when they need the reassurance that they can do it, they can turn to their teammate and immediately get a pick-me-up.

5. You can find family in others that aren't your family.

This one could be obvious because people consider their really good friend's sisters or brothers. However, you can really see the family that was formed by this team. It is obvious that when they are playing in games, they are not playing for themselves, they are playing for each other. When there is a good play, pass, catch, etc. they are proud of their teammate. Since they have this family like bond it brings good outcomes whether it’s more successful plays or a win. Finding a family in the people around you will have a positive output on your life. The more people to support you and for you to support the better.