5 Things To Tell Yourself Every Day So You Can Live A Non-Toxic Life

Sometimes you just need to take a step back and try to better your mental health.
2154

Life can be a lot sometimes. We deal with a million things at once, juggle social lives with academic and workplace responsibilities, and try to be the best we can be at everything, all while trying to take care of ourselves mentally. It's incredibly hard to balance, and I would honestly say it's borderline impossible to actually find that perfect balance. That being said, here are five things to keep telling yourself so you can try to live a non-toxic life.

1. Your peace of mind has to come first.

Let go of every single little thing that keeps you up at night, anything that interrupts a good night's sleep. Whether that's your best friend since birth betraying you, that stupid mistake you made when you were drunk, something you can't forgive yourself for, the stress of trying to be perfect, that friendship that's one-sided. Whether it's a circumstance or an individual, cut it off.

2. You don't need to be friends with everyone.

People are important to us. Interaction is necessary for us as a human race. However, people are big influences in your lives, especially the people you surround yourself with. Learn to find that balance of "You don't have to be liked by everyone" and "You can't live a life isolated by yourself." If they don't mind or matter, why are they still in your life? Keep your friendships important.

3. You know best what is good for you.

Whether it's the people in your life, the movies you watch, the food you eat, the career path you choose, the activities you're involved in, or whatever else, it's all your choice. Even if it doesn't seem that way. There are always external factors of life that we just can't control, but that's life. You may not be able to control some things, but you can always control your reaction to them.

4. Do what you want to do.

Go out and accomplish the dreams you want to achieve. Get away from things that bother you. Fill your life more with things that are good for you, and evacuate your life of things that are not. Do something about the situation you're in. Do something.

5. Only open your life to things that are healthy for you.

The minute you come into an interaction with something, you know if it's right and healthy or if it should be avoided. The signs are there, and they're bright, reflective, and obvious. You just have to look at them and acknowledge them. You're not stupid, you're just emotional, and you can see them.