5 Things To Remember During Finals Week

5 Things To Remember During Finals Week

Keep calm and study on.

8
5 Things To Remember During Finals Week
Photo by Tim Gouw on Unsplash

The time of year that every student dreads the most is finally here — finals week. If you are feeling like myself, you are ready for this semester to be over. Personally, I know this break can't come soon enough; but, first we have to make it through finals. Finals can be a very tiresome and stressful time. In order to help all of my fellow students, I wanted to provide you with a list of tips and things to remember throughout finals week. Good luck and happy studying!

1. Don't wait to study until the last minute

Now I know this is something we always here; but, I know a majority of us don't do it. As someone who has waited until the last minute to study for a final, I can promise it only adds to your stress levels. So make sure you give yourself the appropriate amount of time to study and don't wait until the night before. You'll thank yourself for it later.

2. Take care of yourself

It is so important to take care of yourself and during finals this often goes overlooked. I know you want to do well on your finals but it is not worth running yourself down for. It's only going to hinder you in the end.

3. Don't forget to take a break

Just like with self-care, it is so important to remember to take breaks. All of your hard-work is going to take a lot out of you so make sure you treat yourself to a break. It'll give you some time to relax instead of worrying about finals. So read a book, watch an episode of your favorite show, or take a nap. Do something that takes your mind of school for a little bit.

4. Try to make your studying fun

Let's be honest, studying can be boring. If you want to be able to study for an extended period of time, you're going to need to make it fun. Some ways you can do that are through studying with friends or making a game out of it. If you use Quizlet, they will make games out of flashcards for you; but, there are other apps that work just the same.

5. Celebrate the victories (even if they are small)

This semester has been hard so make sure you celebrate your victories these next few weeks. Whether you ace your final or you didn't do as well as you liked, it's okay. You still managed to do it so celebrate that. You're done and you're one step closer to being where you want to be.