5 Things That We Love To Do During The Winter

A List Of Activietes That Are Perfect For The Winter Season

496
PixaBay

The winter season stands out as one of the more relaxing times of the year, considering that we tend to stay indoors more during cold weather. With the holiday season upon us, many us find ourselves surrounded by people who normally aren't around. Believe it or not, it is relatively easy to face a wall of boredom as the winter season prevents us from doing a lot of things. In order to make the most of your time with your friends and family this winter season, here is a list of 5 things that people love to do during the winter:

1. Pond Ice Skating

One of the most authentic winter experiences you can experience is ice-skating over your favorite local ponds. While anyone can go Ice Skating throughout the year at their Local Ice Rink, Pond ice skating is only available when the weather conditions are cold enough to freeze a layer of pound water that is thick enough to safely skate on. There is no Zamboni to clean the ice so pond ice skating provides a raw ice skating experience that everyone should experience, especially with friends and loved ones.

2. Tobogganing/Sledding

Something that we all anticipated every winter during our childhood was the days in which we were able to sled down the steepest hill in town. Despite the fact that we always went home with a new assortment of bumps and bruises, the amount of joy and adrenaline we experienced kept us longing for the next day we would once again have the chance to spend the day sledding.

3. Snowball Fights

Not matter how old you are, there is nothing better than utilizing the snow on the ground to spark a good old fashion snowball fight. Snowball fights can be said to be one of the winter season's greatest trademarks. Just make sure that the massive snowball you’re getting ready to obliterate your friend with doesn’t contain any ice chunks as they can ruin someone’s day quicker than it took you to make the snowball.

4. Building The Ultimate Snowman

Something that everyone can say to have tried during their childhood was attempting to build the ultimate Snowman. We are given pristine conditions to build these snowmen every time there is a mentionable amount of snowfall. While they can take some time to construct and even longer to master, the time spent building snowmen can be said to be some of our most memorable winter moments. Since it takes a particular snow consistency to construct the perfect snowman, it is best to seize those snowy winter days as the times to make snowmen are limited throughout the winter.

5. Taking Hotter Showers Than Usual

Let's face it, there is no better way to settle down after spending a day in the cold weather than taking a hot shower. While most people enjoy hot showers, we tend to hold a particular spot in our hearts for hot showers during these record-breaking winters. In order to fight the cold winter drafts throughout your house and remain warm even after you leave the shower, it is recommended that you purchase a comfy bathrobe to jump into as soon as you open the shower curtain.