I Get My News From Facebook, Here Are 5 Things I Learned About Today

Fruit Hacks, Art With Soap, Pottery With Bubbles, Soda Hacks, and Futuristic Phones ...

5

When Facebook first became popular, I was pretty young, a little middle schooler. I was twelve when I first signed up for Facebook. I pretended to be a 21-year-old and I did a lot of the basic things people like me did on Facebook back in those days: looked at friends' pics and posts, posted song lyrics, changed my profile pic to that of a famous cartoon character - remember when that was popular? I still have no idea how that started or when that ended. I even signed up for that Facebook Yearbook thing that makes an online yearbook with all your Facebook friends and you get to organize the pages according to the year or the school you met a certain person. So, I've had my account for a long time and there were even a times when I've disabled my account because of some middle school drama that went on that I won't get into.

My point is, I've seen Facebook go through a lot of changes. For a long time, Facebook's been the source of click bait headlines and cyber bullying incidents, but I think Facebook's finally gotten to the point where it's no longer just for youth to spend the day aimlessly scrolling, there's actually interesting stuff now online. I follow a lot of techy and mini news companies that deliver interesting news and stories in the span of a minute or less. They keep me informed, interested, and they're good enough to share with the 414 friends (and counting) that I have.

Since I was already sharing it on Facebook, I figured why not share these amazing videos on other platforms as well. Some of them are informational and techy, others are just helpful or fun and they're also from various sources. I'm going to include the video and the name of the company that posted the video, so that you may check out their page and enjoy what they have to offer as well.

1. Fruit Hacks

Love fruits but hate seeds? Well then, you'll want to check out this quick video that gives you the best ways to cut a fruit so you won't have to worry about those terrible things getting in the way. The video features various different fruits with interesting hacks you'll definitely want to give a try for yourself.

Video Courtesy OfBright Side

Bright Side also has a website you can check out that features a ton of funny posts, inspirational ideas, and creative hacks. They cover everything from celebrities to health issues to funny texts sent between parents and teens to quizzes that question your IQ. I honestly love visiting this site when I can't sleep at night because it just keeps me endlessly entertained and I love waking up to their videos on my Facebook feed because they're also fun to watch and share.

2. Anne-Marie Faiola the Soap Queen

Anne-Marie Faiola is the CEO and founder of Bramble Berry Soap Making Supplies and in this video, she shows us exactly how she creates these artistic soaps, why she does it and how exactly she turned it into this amazing business of her own. If you want to know more about Anne-Marie Faiola and her business, you can check out her personal site that goes into details about exactly she goes about creating these masterpieces. She also has tutorials and tips and tricks if you want to try making some yourself.

Video Courtesy OfINSIDER Beauty

INSIDER Beauty has all the cool and latest beauty styles and hacks on their page. Even if you're not a big makeup fan, you'll find yourself mesmerized by the videos. Some of the videos are crazy and weird and make me laugh more than anything, but for the most part, they're pretty great to watch and share. INSIDER will always keep you entertained with their videos, regardless of what topic it's on - art, beauty, design, tech, etc.

If you're not on Facebook a lot or ever, INSIDER also has its own Youtube page, so you can always watch their awesome vids there as well.

3. Hedy Yang Makes Pottery with Bubbles

If you thought artistic soap was cool, the pottery with bubbles will blowyour mind! Hedy Yang uses the bubbles to paint patterns onto her pots. She calls it 'bubble glazing' and this video shows you just how she does it, step by step.

You can check out Hedy Yang's personal website to find more videos like this, ones that are longer and that really break the whole process down for you, so that you potentially try it yourself. She also has her own Facebook page where you can check out more of her videos and posts and her own Etsy page where you can buy some of her works. (She is all sold out at the moment, but do keep a look out for some new stuff real soon). She is also part of a website called The Potters Cast which is a site for pottery people (potterists?) that showcase their different styles and even include lessons on the art.

Video Courtesy Of INSIDER Art

INSIDER Art is one of my favorite INSIDER pages because I'm always blown away by the craziness and creativity that some people can just conjure up and bring to life. I've seen videos of people creating visionary paintings and pictures using the most mundane objects. I've seen a video of a fashion designer creating dresses out of Q-tips! I mean, being able to just look at this everyday object and think, 'Hmm, this would make a really cute dress.' well, that's just amazing all on its own, but then to be able to showcase it in such a way that it like gives me eyegasms every time I see it, well that's just genius, okay.

4. Coca-Cola Hacks

Who knew Coca-Cola had so many other great features besides tasting so yummy? There are so many great hacks in this one video that you can do with Coca-Cola, it's crazy! Getting gum out of our hair, putting out a fire, cleaning your headlights, controlling an inch, making your hair lighter, catching ants, cleaning metal, getting out stains on clothing, this video even shows how to make something creative out of the bottle before ending with some quick fact sharing on how much sugar is really in the product.

Video Courtesy Of Bright Side

Bright Side once again gives us a creative and innovative video with cool tips and tricks.

5. Future Phones: Control Your Phone Without Touching It

Move over touch screens, 'cause soon we're about to be rocking no screen! This video goes into detail about how Google has come up with this invention called 'gesture recognition' that allows you to simply move your hands and fingers along the air and it'll automatically move your screen around and this works on ALL devices. So, it'll be just like you've seen in the futuristic movies where someone just waves their hand in the air (like they just don't care) and this holographic image just pops up in their faces. Just watching the video gave me goosebumps.

Video Courtesy OfINSIDER Design

INSIDER Design has a lot of techy and home improvement videos on their page. They always keep me on my toes with their latest inventions and innovations, similar to the one you see above.

I honestly never know what I'm going to see when I get up in the morning. Maybe there'll be new pics of my cousins' kids or posts about all the adventures my friends are having, but those are all the generic things that everyone is bound to see when they log on to their Facebook. But, by following these certain pages, I wake up to fresh, fascinating, captivating videos like the ones you've seen before you today. if you want to do the same, I suggest you try following some of these pages and see how it transforms your day, or you could just continue following these articles I post and learning more that way as well.