5 Things Jesus Wants You To Know This Easter

Easter is about True Love and how ultimately, True Love wins.

87

1. I died for you knowing you might never love me back, and I would do it all over again if I had to.

I've been guilty of looking upon the cross and not feeling anything...but it's amazing when you stop and look at the cross to think about what Christ did for us. He created the entire universe, galaxy upon galaxy, and yet, He became a human being knowing full well He would die a death far beyond what He deserved. He did it knowing we would mock Him, forget Him, blame Him, despise Him, and hate Him. But He died for us willingly, and He would do it all over again - a million times over - if He had to.That is true love.

True love looks past all faults and sees a person's innate value apart from how they look or what they do. True love will lay down his life for the sheer reason of wanting to bring true goodness, blessings, and joy to the other person. True love lays himself down so that we can receive all the good that He deserves,and He receives all the bad that we deserve.

1 John 3:16
This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters.

This is amazing grace.

2. I didn't just rise from the grave, I did much more than that - I conquered death itself.

During those 3 days He was in the tomb, no one could understand what was going on. People were deeply saddened that Christ died so tragically and unfairly.

But it was 3 days later that Jesus CONQUERED death. He defeated it once and for all so that we no longer need to fear it. He paid the price so that we could have life and have it more abundantly - in this life and the next.

He died so that we could live to tell EVERYONE that they can have a seat in His Kingdom if they receive salvation as a gift, that they will receive a crown of life if they come into His kingdom, that they are forgiven FREELY and their sins are remembered NO MORE. He died so that in this life, we can have true peace and be rest assured that God accepts us as we are and that we no longer need to be condemned by our past, present, and future. He died so that we can live confidently, placing our complete trust and esteem in the fact that we are Loved by the Father and that is enough.

He died so that we would no longer be afraid, knowing that God is always with us and has conquered death for you!

1 Corinthians 15:55-57

O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting? For sin is the sting that results in death, and the law gives sin its power. But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ.

3. I took upon myself all of your pain and shame. I was broken and crushed so you wouldn't ever have to feel that way.

When Jesus died on the cross, many medical experts report that He actually died of a broken heart since blood and water flowed from His side when they pierced Him. His heart ultimately broke because of the enormity of sin and the sorrow and pain that comes when sin separates one from the perfect love of God.

But Christ endured all of this because He wanted to take our pain for us. In His great love, He never wanted us to endure ultimate heart break and a crushed spirit, so He took all that pain for us.

I know that in life, we are all going to make mistakes, fail, and have people or circumstances make us feel broken. But do not allow these feelings to overcome you, for you have a God who unconditionally loves you and who proved that on the cross. He was crushed so that you would rise above crushed circumstances. He was broken so that He could put you back together and restore you so that you are more better off than you were before you were broken.

When you truly experience God's love for you, you realize that no person or circumstance has a power or hold over you. God's love for you is greater than any of the pain you will ever face and His light will drive out all darkness. He is a good, good Father, and you are Loved by Him. He endured the pain of the Cross because He knew that one day, your life would need to be touched by His love.

Psalm 34:18

The LORD is near to the brokenhearted
and saves the crushed in spirit.

4. I overpaid the price for your sin so that you could have a completely NEW life - not just so that you could call yourself a 'Christian.'

I know Christians are known for saying nice things and for pulling common Christian clichés and Bible verses out of nowhere.

But the truth is if our lives aren't changed...and we are no different than the person next to us, saying all those nice things doesn't make a difference.

I'm not saying that it's time to get your act together. The truth is we can't. That's why Jesus came. He came to abolish religion because all it ever says is "DO." Jesus says, "I've already DONE it. I've already paid the price. I've already set you free from everything that's holding you back from living a better, different life."

When Christ is in us, we naturally are changed. The old has gone and the new has come! That is some good news because there's a lot of selfish and shallow parts of myself that I want out.If you ever feel like you're returning to old habits that are keeping you in bondage, remind yourself that Christ paid a hefty price to set you free from that already! Spend time with Him so that He can remind you of how he has forgiven you of EVERY wrong and how he loves you too much to have you remain the same. Not only has he saved you, but He wants to change you. He wants to change your life for the better, but the choice is all up to you. Ask, that your joy may be full!

2 Corinthians 5:17

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

5. You've heard that I love you, but it is a love that far exceeds any love you've experienced here on Earth.

Jesus loves you, but what does that even mean? Have you ever stopped to realize how radical this kind of love is? Have you experienced His love in your heart or is it just a phrase that you've heard a million times in church?

And really, who is Jesus?

"In chemistry, He turned water to wine. In biology, He was born without the normal conception. In physics, He disapproved the law of gravity when He ascended into heaven. In economics, He disapproved the law of

diminishing return by feeding 10,000 people with 2 fishes & 5 loaves of bread. In medicine, He cured the sick and the blind without administering a single dose of drugs. In history, He is the beginning and the end. In government, He is King of Heaven and a Prince of Peace and He came not to put people in bondage, but to set them free. In society, He defied all norms by befriending prostitutes, tax collectors, and fishermen- even going as far to wash their feet. In religion, He said no one comes to the Father except though Him and that loving God and neighbor far exceeds all religious laws and duties. Jesus had no servants, yet they called Him Master. He had no degree, yet they called Him Teacher. He had no medicines, yet they called Him Healer. He had no army, yet kings feared Him. He won no military battles yet He conquered the world. He committed no crime, yet they crucified Him. He was buried in a tomb, yet He lives today."

Not only does He love; He IS Love. This is so radical because we have experienced love from people in the past, but they can only love us at a limited capacity since they are only human, making their love flawed and imperfect. But Jesus Himself encapsulates and is the very essence of Love. Love Himself came down in the form of a human being so that human beings could experience Love in the Flesh. It almost seems like a Love too good to be true, but it is true because He IS truth!

Jesus rejoiced over you on the day of your birth, He carried you when you were weary, He was kind to you when you ignored Him, and He wiped away your tears and stored them when you thought no one saw them. He will love you when you don't even want to love yourself. He will love you no matter what.

1 Corinthians 13:7

Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

He will love you until the very end.