5 Things FSU Students From Gainesville are Tired of Hearing

Yes, we're from Gainesville. No, we don't regret not going to UF.

11

Every time I meet someone new the dreaded and inevitable question ALWAYS comes up. "So, where are you from?" Then I proceed to explain how I'm from a small town about 30 minutes outside of Gainesville. Next come the ridiculous and downright annoying questions.

Why Didn't You Go To UF?

Well Megan, this is an easy one - because I didn't want to! I wanted to go to Florida State University because I wanted to get away from Gainesville and experience something new. I wanted to go here because I grew up a die hard Nole fan and couldn't see myself going to school anywhere else.

Oh, So You Didn't Get In To The University of Florida?

What??? Honestly, what type of question is that? I didn't even apply to the University of Florida because I did not want to go there.

Do You Know ____ That Goes to UF?

No, I don't know your cousin's best friend's sister that goes to UF.

Do You Regret Not Applying/Attending UF?

What? No. Why? Do you?

Oh, you don't? Then why should I?

No I don't regret it.

I LOVE FSU.

So How Does Your Family Feel About You Not Going To UF?

My family is happy that I'm getting a college education, especially my dad because I'm attending his alma mater.

I'm not sure why everyone assumes that my family and friends would be mad that I'm going to FSU just because FSU and UF have a football rivalry. In my hometown (again, around 30 minutes outside of Gainesville) there are plenty of Florida State fans, Miami fans, UF fans and various other sports teams fans.