5 Stress-Free Ways to Prepare Your Family to Move

Here are some helpful tips to prepare for your family move.

3

Whether you're moving across town or across the country, packing up an entire house full of stuff, transporting it to your new location, and unpacking everything can be a long, daunting process. Aside from the physical stress of moving, your kids may be worried about making friends at a new school, and your spouse may be dreading the process of job searching in your new town. Here are five stress-free ways you can physically and mentally prepare your family for your upcoming move.

Hire a Moving Team

The best thing you can do to make your move stress-free is hire a moving company like Anytime Moving Solutions to assist you. Instead of making multiple trips with your car, relying on friends with trucks, or doing all the heavy lifting yourself, all you have to do is pack your boxes. Your moving team will load everything and use their vehicles to safely transport it to your new home.

Utilize Smart Packing Methods

Utilize smart packing methods that will make the most of your time, space, and energy. For example, start by sorting your belongings into three categories: keep, donate/sell, and trash. Then, create a floor plan of your new home and determine where each item will go. Once you have a plan, it's time to start packing. Use smaller boxes for heavier items and large boxes for lightweight items. Be sure to label each box with its contents and the corresponding room in your new home. Finally, don't forget to pack a essentials box with items you'll need immediately upon arrival, such as toiletries, snacks, and change of clothes. By following these steps, you can make packing for your family a breeze.

Have a Family Meeting

Moving can be very upsetting, especially when kids find out they are going to be leaving their friends behind. Your spouse may also have concerns about the move. Set up a family meeting where everyone can have their feelings heard. Validate their feelings and listen with empathy to help them feel more at peace with the move.

Be Proactive

You can reduce stress by being proactive when it comes to finding new jobs and schools. Start researching your kids' school district ahead of time so you can get them enrolled in the best school. Encourage your spouse to start their job search early so they don't have an employment gap. Investigate some fun things to do in the area to build up anticipation instead of dread.

Visit the New Home as a Family

If possible, taking your family to visit your new home prior to moving day will help make the transition a lot less scary. Let your kids pick out their bedrooms so they feel more comfortable when it's time to move in. Dream together on how you can use and decorate the space.

There are many things to worry about when moving, but with these stress-free tips, you can minimize your worries and make the transition smoother for your whole family. Preparing ahead of time will help everyone feel more organized and less anxious as moving day approaches. By taking care of the little details early on, you'll be able to relax and enjoy the process.