5 Songs to Add to Your Playlist to Get You Motivated for the New Semester

Start fighting procrastination early with these distraction-proof songs!

https://quotefancy.com/quote/1792596/Get-It-Done-STAY
12

Here are five fun new songs to add to your study/focus playlist this semester!

1) "Misty Morning" – Travis Betzer

This song is super lowkey, and very relaxing – its gentle, twang-y guitar and Betzer's lazy croon always seem to "sing away" my stress. Be sure to check out the rest of this album (Bitter Suites), too, if you're into the mellowed-out beats of this song!

2) "The Ground Walks, with Time in a Box" – Modest Mouse

This song is very high-energy, dominated by aggressive drumbeats and intense guitar throughout the entirety of the track's six minutes & twelve seconds. I listen to this song at the gym rather frequently, as a burst of motivation mid-run to keep my heartbeat racing.

3) "Cherry" – Chromatics

In a sense, this song combines elements of both the others listed above. Its cool, synth-like electronic rhythm picks up the pace mid-track, but not so much that I can't listen to it while reading something for my eighteenth-century literature class (very dense material).

4) "Eventually" – Tame Impala

Very similar to "Cherry", this song can gets you "in the zone" without making you bored – perfect to soundtrack writing a quick response/reflection paper or grinding out assignment after assignment!

5) "Mr. Brightside" - The Killers

Listen to this contemporary classic as a way to reward yourself at the end of a hard day's work – have a quick jam session; you deserve it!