5 Ways To A Healthier You

5 Ways To A Healthier You

You can do it.

38
5 Ways To A Healthier You
theodysseyonline.com

Our health is the most important thing we possess as humans. Without our health we are nothing. But health isn't always easy to achieve. I myself am always looking for simple ways to improve my health, simple ways that will go a long way though. Eating right, sleeping 8 hours, exercising 30 minutes a day, we've all heard what we need to do but it's not always so easy to begin. Here are five simple steps to take towards being a healthier you today.

1. Drink More Water

This seems like something so simple, you need water to live so why not drink it right? Statistics have proven that when eliminating drink substitutes other than water, the results are beneficial. Forget about soda, fruit juice, flavored water and all those things. Focus on water and drinking enough of it to provide your body the energy, wellness, and nutrients it needs every day.

2. Be Active

This also seems like a no brainer but even taking a 30-minute walk per day is said to improve your health. It boosts your brain power as well. Being active becomes habit after a while, and it becomes easier over time too. So strive to be more active every day, start with small changes such as taking the elevator or walking your dog!

3. Stay Happy

This is a huge part of being healthy. Do what makes you happy and your body will thank you. If you just take a little time out of each day for yourself, whether it's going on that walk, taking a bath, reading a book or whatever it may be, your body will thank you. A happy brain and body is a healthy brain and body.

4. Actually Sleep

This is the one thing I struggle with personally when it comes to health. With so many things going on, it's hard to sleep the amount of time you should every night. Eight hours is a long time but it is what your body needs. If it requires you to go to bed at 10 o'clock at night, then you should. Your body needs rest and this is what you should give it to create a happy and healthy mind and body.

5. Less Screen Time

This is incredibly hard to abide by in today's day and age but it is so necessary for health. Thousands of studies have been done about what too much screen time can do to someone mentally and physically and the results aren't pleasing. So, put down the phone and go outside, or do a word search and stimulate your brain the healthy way. Lessen your screen time and your mind and body will thank you!