Whether you are in college, or you are already out in the real-world pursuing a full-time job, we all can tend to feel a little lazy and need some motivation to tackle each day head on. I know for me, personally, sometimes all I want to do is lay in bed and watch some good ole Netflix, but I know that if I get up and get moving that I will feel so much better about myself. So, I have put together 5 easy solutions to help you become more productive in your daily life because who doesn't need a little inspiration once in a while?

1. Wake up earlier

This is probably one of the most crucial tips I can give to you if you want to be more productive. I know that I am not a morning person myself, but I can say that waking up early in the mornings really does have a positive impact on my day and my overall life in general. I wake up around 7:30 every morning, but if you are used to waking up later, I would start by setting an alarm for a half hour earlier every day to get yourself used to the change. You may want to hit that snooze button, but when you actually get up and get going, you will thank yourself later. So, start out slow and eventually, you will naturally wake up earlier and earlier all by yourself.

2. Make a to-do list

It may sound silly, but taking the time to write down what you want to accomplish during the day can actually be extremely beneficial to your productivity. I also recommend creating a to-do list by writing down your main priority first and work your way down to everything else that may not be as important. That way, you focus your attention and focus on what needs to be done first instead of putting it off until the last minute. You could also do this by typing a list on your phone as well, but I find it more helpful to write it down so I can cross it off when I accomplish something.

3. Turn off your phone

Yup, you read that correctly. I think that this is another essential tip to becoming more productive because even though our smartphones and technology are all great, they are major distractions and can negatively impact our lives. If you really want to get stuff done, I highly suggest turning off your phone or simply put it on do not disturb so you are not tempted to check any social media or texts. This allows you to devote all your attention to that important paper you are working on, or maybe you are studying for a test. Resisting to use your phone will allow you to be more focused on the task at hand instead of what everyone else is doing.

4. Clean up your space

If you find yourself to be working in a cluttered environment, then your mind tends to feel cluttered as well, which does not promote much productivity. I know I am probably a hypocrite for saying this considering my room tends to be a messy pit most of the time, but cleaning up your work space can be really helpful. Whenever I am working on school work or anything else related, I find myself to be more attentive and productive when I am in a spacious and clean area. I am not saying it has to be pristine, but just keep yourself organized and it will definitely make a difference.

5. Be mindful of your peers

I wanted to end off the list by discussing the fact that you are who you surround yourself with. Therefore, if you are hanging around people who lack ambition and goals, then you will probably feel unmotivated as a result. That is why it is imperative that you are mindful of who you are dedicating your time to. If you wish to become more productive overall, then make sure you are hanging out with people who are like-minded. If you are always talking to people who are hard-working, goal-driven, and ambitious, then you are more likely to follow in their footsteps and feel inclined and motivated to get things done yourself.