5 Simple Things To Do For Unorganized People

Follow these tips and life will be a little more easy to handle.
17

There are all different types of people in this world, from personalities to features. A few of the words I would use to describe myself are organized, neat, precise. Others would even describe me as such and these are qualities that I am proud of. However, not everyone likes to live a lifestyle like me and that is perfectly okay. I know a few people who are messy and unorganized, and still function fine in life! Yet I know that for some, they don't mean to be this way, but don't know how to do so differently. The following are tips for the average person who just can't seem to get out of their own way and stay organized and/or neat, but would like to try to. Here's to hopes for a little more sanity in your life!

1. Always make your bed in the morning.

This is something I do every day that makes me feel like I have a handle on things. When I get up and am getting ready for the day, it kills me to see my blankets strewn in disorder. As soon as I make my bed, I feel neater already and can mark it down as one less thing I have to do after a long day. This is something little to do that can make you feel ten times better.

2. Group items together.

Keeping sane and calm all begins in the house. From making your bed, to getting ready, your routine is a major contributor to stress. If items in your house are sorted by relevance and placed together, you will be able to find things much easier! For example, all my electronic devices are in one drawer, all my scarves in a bin. Life will function more smoothly if you know where your stuff is, this begins by taking the time to get a systematic layout. After that, it's a piece of cake.

3. Label everything.

In continuation of sorting items and grouping similar things together, labeling these things makes it loads easier. It may sound silly, but take a quick second to write what box or drawer contains what. If you're in a rush and can't recall where you put something, instead of fishing through drawers, bins, you name it, all you have to do is look for the label and voila! You just saved ten minutes at least and can proceed on with your day in a more calm state of mind.

4. Keep a bin of important contents at easy access near your door.

Before I leave the house, I always make sure I have four things: my phone, wallet, car keys, and a tiny snack. The first three is something everyone always needs with them, the last might just be me! I get a little hangry at times and with a snack in hand I will be all set. But in order to keep track of the first things, keep a tiny box or section for these at easy access, so as you are running out the door you won't forget any of them! You could even go as far as writing a check list on a white board to place write above it all, that way you can make sure you have it all and always update the things you need before you leave the house for the day.

5. Have a personal calendar.

While I am at school, I always have my planner with me. Each day of the week is mapped out with things to do and places to be. This can transfer to anybody's daily lives. Having a personal calendar or planner with you may not be ideal for some, but it will definitely help you keep track of things! When you first get one, open it up and write all birthdays and big events down -- this way you won't miss a thing! After, check out if there is a notes section and write down any important information you would need on a daily basis or in case of emergency. Then, simply take it week by week so it isn't overwhelming. Write down things you need to do, and what your schedule will look like for the day. You will know what you have to do and how much you have, then you can plan accordingly and not become overwhelmed throughout the day.

Being organized doesn't come easy to all, but it definitely takes an edge off the stresses of daily life! Implement a few of these tips into your life and I can assure you that a weight will be lifted off your shoulders. Don't judge before you try it, even just once can work wonders.