5 Reasons Why Rita's Italian Ice Has My Heart

Everybody wants to be cool! Everybody wants to be happy!

22
Instagram

"Everybody wants to be cool! Everybody wants to be happy!"

How can anyone help but get excited when they hear this iconic ad play on the radio? Rita's water ice is known for being a sweet treat for anyone from ages 2 to 102. Here's why it's unlike any other type of water ice (or as many people call it, shaved ice).

1. The flavors taste exactly like the real thing!

Many flavors have actual fruit pieces in them, so they taste just like a frozen mango, or cherry or whichever fruit flavor you order. What's even more impressive? Some of their featured flavors! Their well-known Swedish Fish flavor tastes just like someone transformed the candy into ice and finely shaved it down.

2. There’s more than just water ice

We can’t forget the custard! And now, there are more flavors of custard to choose from than ever. Grab a traditional chocolate and vanilla twist with sprinkles (or as we say, jimmies) or put some on top of your water ice (and this would be referred to as the famous Rita’s “Gelati”). You can also blend up some custard in a cup with your favorite toppings to make a “Blendini.” Don’t want traditional chocolate or vanilla custard? Select Rita’s franchise now have other fun flavors of custard like cotton candy and butter pecan!

3. It’s made fresh every day

Each day, Rita’s employees make the ice, so your water ice is guaranteed to taste fresh (because it is!) Flavors vary daily because of this, but if they don’t have your favorite, don’t be upset! There are plenty to choose from, and you’re sure to find your next go-to! Plus, each day they have the crowd favorites: mango, cherry, lemon and chocolate.

4. There's catering

You can bring Rita’s to your next event! Perfect for all ages, it’s great for: summer camps, birthday parties, reunions, graduations or whatever! Rita's makes a decent amount of their profit this way, but another great thing about Rita's is that they donate a lot of their money to Alex's Lemonade Stand when people buy their famous Lemonade water ice!

5. First day of spring is a very important day

Anybody that has a Rita’s around them knows that the first day of spring is a big deal. Rita’s hands out cups of free water ice - any flavor - to those that wait in line. I’ve seen lines that go down streets for what seems to be miles (okay, not that far, but these lines get pretty crazy). People will do anything for water ice - especially when it’s free! What a way to celebrate getting out of the winter blues!

I sure am craving a passion fruit Gelati now...or maybe a chocolate and vanilla twist?