5 Reasons The Westboro Baptist Church Can Frig Off

Hate speech is not a constitutional right.

61

Unfortunately, when claiming truth in a book of fiction, many will take the word of a patriarchal, probably homosexual writer who was too afraid of his erection towards Bartholomew, a little too seriously. They do this, rather than practicing the guidelines every single university in this country requires for research, like looking up primary sources and then researching the authors to prove authenticity.

When it comes to the Bible, all of sudden, the rules of authenticity and truth escape, and many instantly assume the Bible is fully the word of God. Well, it is not. The qualities that make Christianity unique to every other religion are the very qualities that are sickening and disturbing, much of which the Westboro Baptist Church unfortunately prides itself on teaching.

1. They protest funerals.

After a LGBTQ person has died, a group of self-loathing, illiterate and disrespectful individuals can be found protesting their funeral or existence in general. Much like other evil heathens bred from monotheistic religions, they are relentless, as our country continues to allow hate speech as free speech (although this isn't supported in any means by the Constitution). They have a huge lack of respect and decency toward not only the living, but the deceased. By protesting funerals they not only abuse the deceased, but their family and friends attending the gathering. People who are mourning are being harassed and verbally abused by a cult shielded by our police.

2. They are illogical.

Sexuality is nothing normal. What we find attractive or are drawn to are never the same of that of someone else. Our preference will very vary and there is no guideline for what one is normal in preferring, the basis is love and even if it's just sex, again it does not matter. Not one of us has sexual desires that are reflective of our neighbors, and yet, there are still people in world claiming some sort of "norm" when it comes to sex. The only norm is a social norm, which is dependent on the place you are in, having actually no weight in reality. These invisible borders are put in place to create a divide. Therefore, making anyone's sexuality a cookie-cutter vision would be ridiculous, for example heterosexuality has been deemed as "normal" when in fact, it is simply just another preference. Let's not forget who created the terms "homosexual" and "heterosexual." Also, in case anyone is confused about sexuality, please take a college course on animal behavior.

They are, however, logical in referencing the Bible, as the Bible is laced with sexism, homophobia and racism. There are obviously words of love and kindness, as well, but the qualities that make Christianity unique are not among these. They are words of misinformation and cruelty, something the Westboro Baptist Church holds very close to its heart.

3. They act like petulant children.

In every case where this cult is given any shred of media attention, they always have a name for the individual to which they are referring. This can range from "fag" to "whore," depending on their mood that day. Their concerns, though, only range from anal to pure insanity. There is even a portion on their website dedicated to all of "God's" hatred, in case theirs alone wasn't enough.

4. They stated Obama was "the Antichrist."

Although, I will agree with weak knees that he didn't live up to public expectations, he is nowhere close to being the "Antichrist." That is Toby's position. It is clear that, in no way, can this cult be taken seriously. They not only disregard the fact that Obama was a mere puppet, showing a huge lack in political information, but they go as far to say that he's the Antichrist, even after we have a plethora of people who are doing far worse who are far more deserving of that title, aka the Westboro Baptist Church.

5. They force children to participate.

Much like other terrorist organizations, the Westboro Baptist Church has recruited children and their brain-dead, hate-filled parents to join in on protesting people's beautiful lives. The tactic of using children is to be seen as authentic and pure. However, it's solely a manipulation tactic, because hate and misinformation are very off-putting to those with a brain.

Although this cult is insignificant in the bright, burning flame of humanity, their hate and ignorance is shared by other people of this world. The blatant disregard for others is picking up momentum in our country. This crude and illogical performance and thought process are actually contributing to deaths of millions, as we have seen in the LGBTQ community (R.I.P.), and specifically, trans women of color being targeted. This lack of respect towards others is truly disgusting and life taking. However, it is fueled religiously, and in some cases, is even found to be legal.

Hate speech is not a part of our freedom speech, but as long as it's hateful, law enforcement will support it. The cases of activists being shut down and murdered for protesting violence and hatred is outrageous, as millions since the Renaissance have done and still continue to have their lives taken from them for spreading justice. The cases of a cult like the KKK or the Westboro Baptist Church being shut down is zero.

Zero cases of these fear-mongering cults being shut down or silenced have been reported. There are over hundreds of pictures and reports, though, of law enforcement protecting these cults practices and abuse. (Warning Graphic: Below are two examples of police guarding and protecting hateful abusive protesters)