Everyone has their own version of a perfect place: to some, it might be cozy on the couch with a good book. To others, it might be out to a fancy dinner in New York City. While still others may be completely content at the top of a snowy mountain in the middle of Utah. Personally, I feel that far and away the beach is the best place on Earth. Why?

1. The Sound

There is nothing quite like lying on your towel, eyes closed, the faint smell of sunscreen wafting through the air, and the peaceful lull of waves the only thing to fill your ears. The random seagull "caw" or child's laugh sounds like music to your ears as the waves crash continue to produce their beautiful music.

2. The Water

I find it hard to believe there are people whose favorite body of water isn't an ocean. The salty water kissing your body, the ebb and flow of waves, the radical changes in high and low tide that can take a peaceful float to a fight to keep your head above water: the ocean is one of the most powerful forces on Earth and it is breathtaking to be able to fully immerse yourself in it.

3. The Food

Boardwalk food is the best food, and I will fight anyone on that. Whether it is a warm box of chicken fingers and french fries (slathered in ketchup, of course), or a refreshing acai bowl (drowning in Nutella, of course) nothing makes your taste buds happier than beach food.

4. The Warmth

If you are at the beach, most of the time that means it is SUMMER, a.k.a time of warm weather. There is no better feeling than lying on your towel, still covered in ocean water, closing your eyes, and letting the sun warm your body (it is so pleasant that it is even worth the sunburn).

5. The Peacefulness

There is a calm that overtakes you at the beach. It becomes near impossible to even remember anything that worried you in the past. All you can do is kick back, stick your nose into some murder-mystery (spoiler alert: it was the husband), and fully embrace the beauty of the best place on Earth.

So while yes, there are a lot of amazing places in this world, there is nowhere quite like the beach.