5 Things To Do When Purging Your Life

5 Things To Do When Purging Your Life

We all need to do it at least once.
153

This past weekend, my family had our first yard sale in more than 10 years. My mother told me, "it's time to purge the house and get rid of all the stuff we don't use." This advice can be useful outside of simple knick-knacks lying around the house. When maturing, it's important to purge yourself of all the 'stuff you don't use.' Although it may not always be easy, it's important to do to lead a more positive and happy life.

1. Drop all your friends who are negatively impacting your life.

I know this may seem harsh, but it's important that those who are in your life are making a positive difference. It may be hard at first, but once negative people are out of your life, life will be much easier. There will be room in your life now for more positive relationships to be made without the old ones dragging you down.

2. Stop doing things that make you unhappy.

Got a job that makes you miserable? Or hobbies that seem more like a chore? It's time to cut those out and move on to things that make you happy. If possible, a clean break off from these things is the best, but gradually cutting it out of your life is better than nothing at all.

3. Ask yourself "does this bring me joy?"

If the answer is no, then get rid of it. It's as simple as that.

4. Get rid of unnecessary items you own.

While your purging things like friends, jobs, and hobbies, might as well purge some tangible things as well. We all have stuff that we don't need. You might as well get rid of it now instead of worrying about it later. Go through each room in your house and ask yourself the above question. If the answer is no, then get rid of it! Who knows, maybe you can have a yard sale and get some pocket change as a side effect!

5. Purge items stored digitally.

I'm not saying to get rid of any fun pictures or memories, just the ones with not-so-fun memories. Also, it's always good to go through your computer to delete unused apps, files, and other various things. You'll be surprised how much faster your computer will run with less storage taken up. While you're at it, go ahead and clear up your phone too!

Everyone needs a good life purge at least once in their lives, but most likely way more than that. If you haven't done a thorough purge of every facet in your life, then summer 2017 is the perfect time to start. All it takes is a little work and determination and your life will be a lot lighter. Also, you'll have more room for new and more exciting things, not only in your closet, but in all parts of life.