5 Places to Sell Your Used Fine Jewelry

5 Places to Sell Your Used Fine Jewelry

Introduction

34
5 Places to Sell Your Used Fine Jewelry

There’s no such thing as too much jewelry. Yet, jewelry lovers often find themselves with an overstuffed stock with too many pieces they wouldn’t wear ever again.

Whether you’ve grown out of a particular style or have too much jewelry in your collection, you might consider selling them off for some cash. Whether it's a timeless wedding ring or a chick fashion accessory, it can return a good amount for its value.

There are many options and channels for selling fine jewelry - both online and offline. Selling online is convenient and fast, and you get access to more potential customers. However, selling offline and directly to customers ensures safety for both parties as the customer can see the product firsthand, and you, as a seller, can be assured that you're not being scammed.

Below, we have listed five different places or mediums to use to sell your used fine jewelry.

Direct Selling

Take pictures of the jewelry you want to sell and send them to your relatives, friends, and neighbors. If they express interest, show the pieces to them. Direct selling is a trusted method because both you and the buyer can meet face-to-face. If the buyer is a friend or an acquaintance, the trust will be much stronger, and you’re less likely to get scammed. The buyer can also trust you and believe in the quality and the value of the jewelry they’re buying. You can agree on a suitable payment method once the deal is set.

Facebook Reselling Groups

Even though there are other methods of selling on Facebook, reselling groups give the whole process a human touch. You can post about your jewelry on these groups and have the liberty to pick buyers living closer to you, and this saves shipping charges. You can also meet in person and show them the pieces.

Other methods, such as Facebook pages, will require you to advertise to sell your product. But Facebook groups are absolutely free. However, pay attention to whom you’re talking to. There are many fake profiles on this platform, and many people have reported getting scammed.

Mention the price you're willing to sell at. This will filter the mass audience, and only real people will contact you.

eBay and Craigslist

eBay and Craigslist are popular online platforms for selling used jewelry. If you can instill trust among the customers and ensure great quality, you can find great leads from this platform.

Listing on these platforms might be a little trickier than other ones. You need a certain knowledge of the listing process and make the item information easily available to customers when they search these websites. As usual, make sure you're selling to a real, trusted person and not anyone and everyone showing interest in your jewelry.

Local Jewelry Shops

Local jewelry shops are one of the best mediums for selling fine jewelry. If your pieces have good value and are in great condition, you can directly contact these shops to determine the true price of the items.

If you regularly sell jewelry, Miami diamond and jewelry buyer company Vivid Diamonds can offer you a fair price for your fine jewelry pieces on the spot.

Taking your items to one of these shops for valuation doesn’t make it mandatory for you to sell to them. They will evaluate the items in front of you, educate you about the true value of the pieces, and make an offer. You can either sell to them or look for another shop that can meet your desired selling price.

Online Collectors and Craftsmen

Many collectors prefer to collect old, vintage, or exclusive jewelry. They are available on online forums or have their own website. If you think you have a few pieces they might be interested in, contact them with details and pictures of your jewelry. They will arrange a meeting or come to your place for an inspection. You can agree on pricing if they express interest in your items. You can also suggest future collaborations if you buy jewelry regularly and get rid of old ones.

Similarly, many craftsmen or gold buyers look for old jewelry pieces. They take portions of the pieces for reuse or craft new jewelry and throw away the rest. You can also find them on online forums, Facebook specialized groups, or on their personal social media channels.

If you're not a professional seller with a business, selling any item can be daunting as it requires communication skills and strong intuition. Sifting through buyers and finding a real one can be difficult, and the pressure can be tenfold when it comes to expensive items such as jewelry. If you're selling your jewelry online, do enough research to learn the dos and don’ts of the process. Despite selling online for years, many sellers often encounter scammers. But with a little experience and vigilance, you can successfully sell your jewelry, obtain the desired amount of money, and continue the process as needed.