5 Phrases We Need To Say More Often

5 Phrases We Need To Say More Often

Words are more powerful than we think
165

Sometimes it only takes a few keywords to make a situation better or to brighten someone's day. There are a few essential phrases that everyone could use a little more in their everyday life. Challenge yourself to use these 5 phrases a little more this week:

1. Thank you

Who doesn't love to get thanks once in a while? A simple "thank you" can instantly make someone feel valued and appreciated. When it takes no more than 2 seconds to say, it's a wonder more people don't sprinkle this phrase of gratitude into their interactions.

2. I'm sorry

It's one of the first phrases we teach kids--when you hurt someone's feelings, you should apologize. Yet, as adults, it's often harder to be the first to muster up an apology. A simple "I'm sorry" can do wonders for any wounded relationship or hurt feelings. It's time to get over your pride and just apologize already.

3. How can I help?

Life is busy, and it's easy to get caught up in yourself. Offering your help to someone in need can make that person feel instantly better, and it'll probably do wonders for your mood, too. Whether you offer to carry something for someone with too much in their hands or proofread a paper for a roommate, there are so many moments in life that we can actively choose to help those around us.

4. I don't know

Too often do we feel like we have to have all the answers. No one knows everything, and that's OK. There is power in being vulnerable and accepting that you don't know something... yet. Saying "I don't know" shouldn't make you feel bad; this phrase should empower you to learn about something you don't already know.

5. I love you

Tell your parents more. Tell your significant other every morning. Tell your roommates and your friends. Spread love around to everyone. You can never say "I love you" too many times, and no one will ever be upset that you took a moment to tell them how you feel.