5 Obvious Signs You're In A Toxic Friendship

Kiss goodbye to those toxic friendships, then you'll be thriving!

190

There comes a time in your life when you look around at the people who surround you and you ask yourself who is really there for you, who makes you feel happy, and who are you proud to be friends with? Always remember –– quality over quantity. No matter how long it's been, cut those toxic ties off. You'll be happier and more stress-free in the long run.

Here are 5 obvious signs a friendship is toxic:

1. You guys constantly argue.

There never seems to be a time where there isn't tension, especially over the smallest things.

2. You don't feel important to them.

There are too many times to count where they make you feel as if you are disposable— and though you may communicate this to them, they still seem to not comprehend how they are making you feel, unintentional or not.

3. You feel worn out.

There always seems to be some sort of issue you have to work out, or you simply just feel like you are always having to work for the friendship. In other words, it feels like you are the only one putting effort into the friendship.

4. They can never admit when they're wrong.

You are always the first and last to apologize. No matter whose "fault" the matter is, they can never seem to suck up their pride and apologize to you, although you might have done this maybe once or twice or even a couple more times...

5. There is a lack of communication.

When tension seems to be rising, you try to sit with them and address the issue, but they seem to be "too busy" or simply just do not want to talk about it and resolve it...