Whether it be because the weather is not perfect, you do not feel well, or you just feel like having a lazy day, popping on a movie on Netflix is always an option. If you are anything like me, you will spend half an hour going through titles because you want to see something new, but you always end up rewatching an old favorite. Well, here is a list of five movies currently on Netflix to help shorten your search!

1. Spotlight.

Spotlight depicts the reporters at the Boston Globe as they work to uncover the wrongdoings of the Catholic church surrounding the cover up of multiple cases of child molestation performed by priests. This movie stars Mark Ruffalo, Rachel McAdams, Michael Keaton and many other fantastic actors. Spotlight is an intriguing recount of actual events that occurred in Massachusetts. This movie specifically interested me because my parents remembered a lot of what had occurred and recognized the names flashing across the screen.

2. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close is based on a book written by Jonathan Safran Foer. This movie depicts the journey of a young boy searching for the lock in which a mysterious key found in his father’s closet will fit. His father was killed during the 9/11 terrorist attacks. This story shows the boy, Oscar, traveling throughout New York, inquiring people about the key and searching for answers, while coping with the loss of his father. This movie is heart wrenching. It was truly fascinating watching how this young boy copes after the loss of his father to the attacks.

3. Zootopia.

Zootopia is a fun movie for people of all ages. Children love the animated story, while adults love the underlying messages. This movie revolves around a rabbit that becomes a police officer and her mission to discover what happened to the animals that had gone missing. This movie confronts the ideas of discrimination. This is seen through the differentiation between the predators and prey. Characters believe that the predators all root back to evil and problems. A few of the predators had reverted to these ways and because of those select few, other characters began applying that stereotype to them all. This movie is applicable to the political and social environment today. Unfortunately, stereotypes are still prevalent outside of movies; however, they are seen in the form of racial stereotypes, gender stereotype, and too many more.

4. Cyberbully.

Cyberbully, starring Emily Osment, first aired on ABC Family (now Freeform). This ABC movie follows a teenage girl and the realities of constant access to the Internet. The audience watches the extent of bullying in the digital age. The constant online bullying leads Osment’s character to attempt suicide. This movie is important for both children and parents to view because it shows how what you say online is hurtful. It also brings awareness to the idea that bullying now has the potential to follow children home. This movie is sad, but it carries an important message about bullying in the twenty-first century.

5. Grease.

Grease will forever be one of my favorite movies. In a list full of movies with deep, underlying messages, I had to include one movie that has always put me in a good mood. This musical has always been a favorite and I have known all of the songs by heart since I was a little kid.This movie depicts the idea of a summer romance and what happens when the two lovers meet again unexpectedly at school the following year. This movie also depicts conflicts regarding dropping out of school, unplanned pregnancy, and problems faced by high schoolers. The movie complements these underlying messages with catchy songs.