5 Movie and TV Presidents Who Are More Outrageous Than Trump

Hail to the Chief
27

Donald Trump, President of the United States.

It has been nearly a year since the mind behind The Apprentice pulled off arguably the biggest upset in American political history and it still feels kinda weird. No matter what your stance is on Trump, you have to admit that a couple of years ago, the prospect of Trump becoming the most powerful man in the free world would have been seen as a joke. If I traveled back in time and told everyone that a man that was making his name by humiliating small time business people on national TV would become President, especially after doing anything and everything that would have destroyed a man's presidential hopes any other year, I would have probably been dismissed as a crazy person. However, in this time of political madness, we can count on TV and movies to make our craziness look tame. So, in honor of the one year anniversary of the election of arguably our most outrageous President ever, let's take a look at 5 President from Movies and TV that manage to be more ridiculous than The Donald

5. Ren (Ren and Stimpy)

Technically this was part of a dream sequence, but I'm putting it on the list because of how absurd it is. In the episode "Stimpy's Fan Club", Stimpy tries to cheer up Ren by making him the president of his fan club. Ren proceeds to have a day dream where he is the President of the United States. In this dream, Ren ends a conversation with another world leader by blowing up a chunk of the Earth. Why did he do it? Because the man didn't agree with him. Obviously one of the great diplomats of our time.

4. Thomas Witmore (Independence Day)

Witmore, played by Bill Pullman, is arguably the most famous movie president in history. His speech before the climax of Independence Day is one of the most famous (though incredibly corny and cheesy) scenes in modern movie history. Let's be honest though, the idea of the President of the United States fighting off aliens in a fighter jet is absurd. Independence Day is considered by many to be the ultimate "popcorn movie" (i.e. its not smart, at all, but it is entertaining in a stupid way), and Pullman's alien-fighting president is one of the reasons why.

3. Mr. Garrison (South Park)

Only in the world of South Park can a gay, failed elementary school teacher who had two sex changes become the leader of the free world. Mr. Garrison as president is basically a stand-in for Donald Trump, and he amps up every ridiculous characteristic Trump has and more. His rise to power is also very similar to Trump's, as both were somewhat fueled by a prevalent longing for a more "traditional" America (or in Garrison's case, the existence of a fruit that makes people long for nostalgia).

2. Lisa Simpson (The Simpsons)

Much like South Park, the world of The Simpsons is the kind of place where something like this is possible. Sure, Lisa was always portrayed a good kid, but her dad is Homer freakin' Simpson. The idea of any productive child, let alone a president, coming out that guy's parenting. Despite that, it is revealed that Lisa would grow up to become president after her predecessor bankrupted the country. Her predecessor? Donald Trump. Will we see real life imitate art?

1. Will Cooper (Pixels)

Even after the election of Trump, the concept of Kevin James being the President of the United States is just way too idiotic. Trump's behavior may be un-presidential in a traditional sense, but James makes him look like a Shakespeare character. Only in an Adam Sandler movie.

You know, I keep saying "only in...." a lot in this article.