5 Movie Quotes To Bring Christmas Cheer

5 Movie Quotes To Bring Christmas Cheer

I love movie quotes, especially Christmas movie quotes!

289
5 Movie Quotes To Bring Christmas Cheer
Jamie's Photography

The Christmas season is officially upon us, with Christmas tree farms on every corner, Christmas music playing on popular radio stations, and Christmas movies airing on television. I love Christmas movie quotes, so here are some popular Christmas movie quotes to get you in the cheery spirits for this holiday season!

1. “Oh Christmas isn’t just a day, it’s a frame of mind.” –Miracle on 34th Street.

The Christmas holiday is not just a day where we open presents, spend time with family, and eat a lot of food. Christmas is the only holiday that has an entire SEASON dedicated to it. People Christmas shop and prepare in advance. Some even put up decorations the day after Halloween! I hope your entire Christmas season is merry and bright!

2. “Seeing is believing, but sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can’t see.” –The Polar Express

Although this quote is referring to Santa Clause, it can be applied to many aspects of Christmas. With all the hustle and bustle during the Christmas season, many people begin to focus on the material gifts, rather than Christ and his many unseen blessings. Jesus’ birth is the reason why we celebrate Christmas. I encourage you to look and seek out God during this holiday season.

3. “We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corn, and syrup!” –Elf.

While there are so many quotable quotes from Elf, this one seems to be one of the most popular! When you really think about it, this quotes holds a lot of merit! Christmas is a couple months filled with decadent hot chocolate, cookies, and various other sweets. Of course, sugary foods are okay to eat with a balanced diet and if we don’t indulge our sweet tooth. I especially struggle with this, but through balance, we can be healthy and still enjoy those homemade Christmas cookies from grandma

4. “Don’t forget the Grinch. I know he’s mean and hairy and smelly. His hands might be cold and clammy, but I think he’s actually kind of…sweet.” –How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

Cindy Lou Who is reminding her townspeople that everyone deserves redemption during Christmas. Because Christ was born to save our lives, Christmas is a time where everyone should have open hearts and nurture those who are struggling in life. However, Christmas time is not the only season people should be committing selfless acts of service. The Christmas cheer should be spread throughout the year!

5. “For behold, I bring unto you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the City of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.' And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God, and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.” –A Charlie Brown Christmas

Of course, this quote is taken from a passage of Scripture, but it is explaining the meaning of Christmas. If the Christmas season brings depressing memories, just remember why Christ was born and be still in Him. This time of the year is an especially crucial time to renew your faith and restart your soul. Take a break and simply get to know Christ all over again. Have a great start to your Christmas season!