5 Meals College Kids Should Know How To Make WITHOUT Mom

If you're a college student that requires food to survive, this is for you!

399
U.S. Government

If you are a college student, you know just how difficult the idea of eating is. Whether it's making good/bad food choices, grocery shopping or just not knowing how to cook, eating affects us all!

School, extra-curricular activities, and part-time jobs are the main things that can get in the way of actually eating and eating something real and healthy.

Here are 5 quick and easy things all college students should have the time, energy and appetite to make:

1. Spaghetti

Spaghetti is literally the easiest meal to make! There are only five ingredients needed, all of it is pretty cheap and it takes less than 30 minutes to make! It should be a go-to for everyone!

2. Chicken (or Shrimp) Alfredo

Almost the same as spaghetti, but uses different noodles and Alfredo sauce! Quick and easy to make, all while being cheap and delicious!

3. Grilled Chicken Salad

Grilled Chicken + Salad= Perfect meal! Most grocery stores have already sliced, fully cooked, frozen grilled chicken that can be microwaved or cooked in a skillet for a few minutes! Put that on top of your choice of salad mix/toppings and you're set!

SEE ALSO: 12 Thoughts College Students Have Grocery Shopping WITHOUT Mom

4. Breakfast

Breakfast is good for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. It's the most universal thing ever! This has no limits; it does not matter if you prefer pancakes over waffles, bacon over sausage, hash browns over grits, eggs with or without cheese etc. The choice is yours and it is all cheap, quick and easy to make!

5. Tacos/Burritos

If you haven't celebrated Taco Tuesday with your friends, you are missing out! College students love foods to match a certain day. I'm not sure why, but it is a proven fact. They're really simple to make, and you decide what meat, toppings and taco/tortilla type you want!

Specific recipes can be found by a quick google search, but all of these can be made with common sense and an empty belly!