5 Key Things to a Good Taco

5 Key Things to a Good Taco

Tacos are important to the human race, thus they should be properly made.

4
5 Key Things to a Good Taco
The DLC

America, it is time to clarify the proper way to make a taco. This is not about taking down “fake” tacos, but rather it is about helping all Americans learn how to make a perfect one so that they can taste greatness. I feel as if I am fully qualified to make this clarification because I am a Mexican-American who has tried many different kinds of tacos (just kidding, this does not really qualify me for this, but I am going to talk about it anyway). Here are the 5 key things to making a proper taco.

1. Pick the right tortilla.

That statement makes you feel like you have choice when you really do not. The only right tortilla choice is a corn tortilla, no crunchy shells or flour tortillas. I know they are highly popular, but they limit the potential of a taco. They are cheaper for restaurants and fill the customer up more, so restaurants can get away with putting less meat and toppings on the taco. Corn tortillas are healthier, and there is nothing better than being able to be healthy while enjoying a taco.

2. Pick the right meat.

If your first thought was ground beef, you can do better than ground beef!!!! There is a huge variety of appropriate meats for your taco. There are the common ones like steak and chicken. These are fine as long as they are cubed. When the pieces are big, the overall taco is ruined because it will cause the tortilla to tear and will make the taco chewier than it suppose to be.

If you want to jump into the deep end, then do it, because you will astonished by some of the different kinds of taco meats there are. Tacos al pastor (pork tacos), tacos de lengua (cow tongue), and tacos de tripas (cow intestine) are my 3 favorites because they are savory and enjoyable to eat. Do not be afraid. They may sound or look weird, but once you try them, you will be kicking yourself for not trying them sooner.

3. Toppings

Cilantro and onions are key. These two are the big finishers for a taco as they add a zesty and tangy taste to the taco. Tomatoes can also be added as long as they are diced, and a little lime juice can be added too. The key thing is to not bury your taco in toppings. An overwhelming amount of toppings will ruin the composure and flavor of the taco.

4. Salsa

Do not even dare to think about chunky salsas. Chunky salsa is for chips, not tacos. Salsa for tacos should be thin. Like the meat, there are many kinds of salsas for tacos. You just need to find the right one for you. Salsas can vary in color and spiciness. Yours is out there. You just need to be daring enough to find it.

5. Everything else

Drink either a Coke (or Pepsi), horchata, or any other kind of aguas frescas. Grab a grilled serrano or jalapeño pepper to increase the level of spiciness. Eat a minimum of 3 tacos. There is no appropriate maximum amount of tacos.

It is as simple as that. Just follow these 5 key tips, and you will be well on your way to enjoying a properly made taco. It is not rocket science, so there is no reason why we as a country should be messing this up. Just kidding- this is America, and you have the freedom to make your taco any way you want. The important thing is that you enjoy it.