5 Jerk Things A Student Does During Finals Week

And how we are all guilty of these things

40
5  Jerk Things A Student Does During Finals Week

Despite the community that I am in for Odyssey (which I love!), I actually attend UC Riverside. And instead of Spring Break, we are just getting to our finals for the winter quarter. While I could also write about how it kinda sucks to be on a quarter system or how I like the quarter system better-cause things are not just one thing-I'm not going to.

But as it is our last week and finals week is upon us, I have compiled a list of rude and almost asshole things that college student do to each other during this time of year. And if we are being really honest about it, we all do these things.

1. Taking a room/table up when it's just you

Now, I get it. I really do not like being around other people when I am trying to study because a lot of people do not understand the concept of being silent or at least whispering. But what I find most frustrating is the fact that some students will take up a whole table or study room. And I really do mean take up the whole thing. These people will spread their books and and bags across the entire table, refusing their extra space to other people. Which sucks because the people that are desperate to study have no space and are ready and willing to make things uncomfortable for themselves in order to get things done.

2. Sleeping AND taking up space in the library

This one I think is worse than the first. And this is because, this person is taking up all of the space at whichever station they are at. For example, the person that is taking up the computer station and napping is limiting someone’s ability to actually use the computer. Or if you use your own computer at a computer station, you fall in this category too. Just as a side note, if you fall into this category I really get irritated by you. Mainly because I need to use the space that you are not.

3. Being rude to others

Okay I am so guilty of this. Whether it’s ignoring someone or cutting someone in line or on the freeway, we all do it. Especially during finals. I realized that we tend to be just a little bit meaner and we are quick to tear down people who are in our way. And it sucks to be the victim of it but also it sucks to realize what you did to the person in line at the Starbucks three days later.

4. Talking loudly in the library

If there is a space that you have reserved, like a room, then I think it’s fine to talk as long as you are keeping the volume down and not disturbing others. But if you aren’t in a room and there is a conversation going on, in a large space, and it’s loud enough for people to hear through their music, then you need to leave. Like now. And come back when you are done talking because while others are trying to study, you are being obnoxious.

5.Not taking responsibility for your actions

Now this may just be “finals brain” and you are honestly tired and just need some time to sleep. If that’s the case, then go home and sleep. But if you are going to do one of these things, then at least own up to it and apologize. I’ve watched one too many students try to make themselves look good when they are clearly the one’s at fault. And it’s really funny, because a) you look really dumb by doing so and b) everyone knows that you are wrong. And I mean everyone. Because we all saw you do said rude thing. If you are going to be a jerk during finals, then admit to it. Picking fights about your image when you were clearly wrong is probably one of the worse things you can do. Because everyone during finals week is ready to be rude right back to you.

These are just five things that make a person a jerk during finals week, but I am positive that there are more. Just a friendly reminder that we all are going through finals week and it's not just happening to you. So at least try to be a decent person to others. Good luck!