5 Healthy Dutch Oven Recipes you can Set and Forget

61

Eating healthy is the key mantra to staying fit. It just does not help you maintain physical wellness but also keeps you away from mental stress and anxiety. You should not have to compromise on your health while munching on delicious food. To assist you in making healthy choices when it comes to your diet, here are a few satisfying recipes with unique health benefits that can be easily cooked at home using Dutch ovens from Le Creuset.

1. Chickpea Tortilla Soup

As a vegetarian soup, this one is loaded with nutrition and is very filling at the same time. Light and delicious, it is sure to turn into a family favorite in no time.

Ingredients:

• 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 medium-sized chopped onion
  • 4 garlic cloves (minced)
  • 2 jalapeno peppers (chopped)
  • ¼ tsp pepper
  • 8 cups vegetable broth
  • 1 cup red quinoa(rinsed)
  • 2 cans unsalted chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
  • 1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
  • 3 tomatoes (chopped)
  • 1 cup fresh corn
  • ⅓ cup fresh cilantro(minced)

Preparation:

1. Heat the oil in your dutch oven over medium-high heat and add onion, garlic, jalapeno, and pepper. Cook and stir until the mixture is tender.
  2. Add broth and quinoa and bring to a boil.
  3. Reduce the temperature of the oven and simmer for ten minutes.
  4. Finally, add the chickpeas, black beans, tomatoes, corn, and cilantro and turn up the heat. Let it cook through the heat.

2. Cabbage Sausage Meal

If you want to turn a bland old cabbage into a tasty as well as a healthy meal, this recipe may just be the answer.

Ingredients:

• 2 pounds smoked sausage
  • 1 onion (chopped into eighths)
  • 1 cabbage (chopped)
  • ½ cup water
  • 1 pound carrots (chopped into slices)
  • 5 medium potatoes (peeled and chopped into cubes)

Preparation:

1. Cut the sausage into medium slices measuring almost ¾ of an inch.
  2. Add the sausage and onion to the oven and cook it on medium heat until the color turns brown. Follow the step by draining.
  3. Reduce the temperature and add cabbage and water. Cook it at a low temperature for ten minutes.
  4. Add the carrots and potatoes and cover the oven. Let it cook for almost half an hour till the vegetables are tender. Serve it hot.

3. Meatball and Pasta Os

If you want a flavorsome meal that is also healthy and filling, this meatball pasta could be your choice for the day. It can be easily made at home and is sure to excite your taste buds.

Ingredients:

• 1 pound uncooked Italian sausage
  • 3 tbsp of butter
  • ½ cup finely chopped onion
  • 1 tsp kosher salt
  • ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1 tbsp tomato puree
  • Crushed tomatoes
  • 2 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
  • 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
  • 2 tsp sugar
  • 1 tsp oregano
  • Anelli
  • Cheese and red pepper flakes for serving

Preparation:

1. Cut the sausage into several portions and roll each of the portions into an averagely sized meatball.
  2. In a skillet, add the butter and cook the meatballs over medium heat until they turn brown. Then, transfer the meatballs to a plate.
  3. Take the oven and set it at medium-high heat. With a tablespoon of butter in the oven, add onion, salt, and pepper and stir it for about 5 minutes. Make sure the onions have softened and add the garlic and tomato paste and let it cook for about a minute. Put in the tomatoes and then pour the chicken broth along with vinegar, sugar, and oregano. Put in the pasta and meatballs, stir them, and bring them to a boil.
  4. Reduce the heat of the oven and let the preparation cook for 25 minutes more. Add water or broth according to your convenience. Top the pasta with cheese and red pepper flakes and serve it hot.

4. Beef Stew

Beef stew is comfort food for many in the winter season. It has numerous health benefits and is very flavorsome.

Ingredients:

• 2 lbs. beef stew
  • 1 cup celery (chopped)
  • 1 cup sweet potato (chopped and peeled)
  • 1 cup mini carrots
  • 2 cups potatoes (chopped)
  • 1 onion chopped into medium pieces
  • ¼ cup Flour
  • 3 cups water
  • 1 packet Beef Stew Seasoning Packet

Preparation:

• Preheat your oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and put the vegetables in a 6-quart oven.
  • Put the stew meat in a bowl and cover it with the flour. Toss it until fully covered.
  • Place the meat over the vegetables in the oven and add salt and pepper as per taste.
  • Mix three cups of water and beef stew seasoning packet and pour the mixtures over the vegetables and meat in the oven.
  • Cover the oven at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for four hours.
  • Let the preparation sit well for 15 minutes and stir the stew well before you serve it.

5. Healthy Chicken Soup

This chicken soup is a flavourful preparation that is good for both- body and soul. You can enjoy it whenever and wherever and it can easily become a part of of your regular diet.

Ingredients:

• 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 cups mushrooms (sliced)
  • 2 medium-sized carrots (chopped)
  • 2 celery ribs (chopped)
  • 1 onion (chopped)
  • ⅓ cup flour
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
  • 2 cups fat-free half-and-half
  • 1/2 tsp pepper

Preparation:

1. Add oil to the oven and put in the vegetables. Stir the vegetables until they become tender and crisp.
  2. Whisk the flour and the broth in a bowl and stir into the pan. Stir the oven for five to six minutes and bring it to boil. Make sure that the soup is thickened.
  3. Add all the other ingredients to the oven and stir occasionally without allowing it to boil. Serve the soup hot in a bowl.