5 Good Hacks For Your Dorm To Keep Yourself Organized

Organization In A Dorm Is Critical.
371

If you’re like me and you live in a dorm, then you have absolutely no choice but to be organized. Although I am lucky enough to be in a suite, I still feel as though I need to be an organized person, as a suite is still a pretty small space for four people. Before I moved into my dorm, I went online for both dorm decor ideas and some good organization ideas for the space that I would soon have to share with three other people. To help out the people who are soon going to be living away at college for the first time, here are some really good organization hacks for your dorm.

1)Putting small clear boxes in your desk to keep everything in place

Bonus if you put some designed construction paper underneath the boxes like pictured.

2)Use a whiteboard to write down your week's events

You can also use a whiteboard/chalk calendar to do this for your entire month, or just use Google Calendar if that’s easier. Not exactly a dorm hack per say (although this would be kept in your dorm), but definitely a college life/ time management one.

3)Use a mesh hamper to hold all your snacks

This one is pretty eccentric, but it's actually very useful. You can hang the handles onto a coat hanger in your closet, and these types of hampers are very flexible, so you can hold a lot of snacks.

4)Use a file holder to decrease the mess on your desk

I use mine to hold all my makeup and some school supplies. I’ve saved so much space on my desk doing this.

5)An obvious one: place all your boxes under your bed

This one should go without saying, but it’s very easy to hide all your boxes from moving in under your bed, unless if you’re in a bunk bed situation. Bonus points if yours looks as cute as this one does: mine sure doesn't.

If you’re moving into a dorm to live on your own for the first time, try to not get overly nervous. While living on your own can be a little nerve-wracking at first, it will all fall into place; I promise. Getting the hang of dorming is actually very easy, and pretty soon you’ll find yourself not wanting to leave!