5 First Semester Goals

5 First Semester Goals

Sophomore year here I come!

229
Courtney MacDougall

I am finally a sophomore in college! Since I have a full year of college already under my belt, I had a pretty good idea of realistic expectations for this semester! I also moved into my new dorm room yesterday, so college is obiviously all that is on my mind! Here are my top goals for the first semester of my sophomore year!

1. Focus on my relationship with the Lord.

I really want to grow in my relationship with the Lord. I do not want my coming back from Alaska to be a spiritual high. I want to make sure to seek the Lord first in all things. I want to keep myself accountable for going to church each week and attending my faith group on campus! I need to keep reminding myself that if I seek the Lord first, that everything else will just fall in place.

2. Focus on my grades.

Grade are important. School is important. I need to remember that I am paying a lot of money to get a good education. On days where I am tired and feeling lazy, I need to just go to class anyways. I also need to choose studying over socializing and not mix the two. I always think that my friends and I can get work done together, but that is just not realistic.

3. Not let boys opinions of me determine my self worth.

If you have read any of my other articles, you know this is something that I have been dealing with and praying about a lot recently. I am in the process of truly believing that I am beautiful. Not because the materialistic things, but because the Lord of the universe created me and he makes no mistakes. That his plan for me and my love life is ten times better than anything I can imagine. He has perfect timing and I need not to settle for anything less than Gods plan for me.

4.Try new things.

This semester I really want to venture out and try new things. Last semester I was on the event planning team for my dorm, I volunteered at the animal shelter, was active in my faith group, and was in Gospel Choir. I hope to continue to do most of theses things, but there is a part of me that really wants to try new things like maybe audition for the a cappella group or audition for a play. I just love making new friends and sharing experiences with them!

5. Don't be afraid to make new friends.

I think it is so easy for friend group to close themselves off sophomore year. But I really want to be friendly with everyone. I would really love to get to know the freshman class and become friends with them, especially the new girls on my floor! I think we all just need to be open to new friendships!

Classes start in a couple of days, which is pretty insane! Good luck to everyone!