My 5 Favorite Songs From Lemonade

My 5 Favorite Songs From Lemonade

Queen B is at it again. Lemonade is probably one of her best albums yet.
49

Beyoncé’s new album, "Lemonade," made its debut on Saturday night on HBO and Tidal. She is one of the most influential people, and to those who don’t like her, I don’t want to meet you. She is a hard-worker, and I support her always. When watching her visual album, I noticed it wasn’t the typical Beyoncé that we’ve been used to. She wrote all of the songs, and you can tell. I’ve never been more impressed with anyone. She spoke about not only her relationship with Jay Z, but also about black equity, which can be heard through her song, “Freedom.” Here are my top favorite songs from Beyoncé’s “Lemonade.”

1. “Hold Up”

The intro comes in, and you’re a little confused because it sounds like an abandoned amusement park. Then the beat drops. Right off the bat (literally, she has a bat), she talks about how they don’t love him like she loves him. She puts him first, and he still can’t manage to treat her. Beyoncé really shows her vulnerability because she explains how he’s coming up after midnight, smelling how he shouldn’t be smelling and what she found on his call list. Then she asks, “What’s worse - jealous or crazy?” She continues to talk about how she loves him, and then she says, “You let this good love go to waste.” It’s a good introduction to the situation of what is about to continue on into the album. Even though she’s smashing his windows, you hear the music, and it’s nice and mellow with a good beat. If you sing the song smiling like she did, it’s harmless.

2. “Don’t Hurt Yourself”

Whoever is messing with her, she wants them to know she isn’t average. Beyoncé isn’t playing with this one. She is fed up and is about to be out because she doesn’t need you. She didn’t need you to begin with because she has her own money, honey. Whatever you do to Beyoncé, you do it to yourself. She knows you’re lying, and you aren’t trying hard enough. Step up your game; she’s already too much for you. Beyoncé had the nerve to not only call him out about the fragrance she smells, but she went that extra mile and said give her a big kiss for me. Beyoncé sings, “You thought you were slick, huh?” As the song ends, she says it’s his final warning. It makes you wonder what she’s going do if he doesn’t take his final warning seriously. “You gon’ lose yo wife,” she says.

3. Sorry

This title is super confusing because she starts right off with saying, “I ain’t sorry.” She isn’t picking up his calls, isn’t thinking about him and is out with her friends. She’s over it. You go, Beyoncé! She has her middle finger up with hands high, waving it in his face and telling him, “Boy, bye.” This song makes me want to call my exes and say, “I ain’t sorry,” and I dated them years ago. She talks about how she regrets getting married because he’s late and is going to come home with some dumb excuse. Beyoncé is ready to roll out and move on with her life without looking back. This is her 2016 “Irreplaceable.” My favorite part is when she drops, “You better call Becky with the good hair.” Yes, middle finger up, deuces up, goodbye and call Becky with the good hair.

4. “6 Inch”

Beyoncé just has all the confidence in the world because she’s walking into the club and doesn’t care whatsoever. I really like this song. This is the song I will play forever when I get ready before I’m about to go out. This song just speaks about her getting her money nonstop and how she’s earned everything she owns. This is more of just a guilty pleasure because she’s doing what she has to do for her, no one else. Yes, Beyoncé, keep hustling.

5. “Daddy Lessons”

It starts off with that Louisiana vibe, and you’re feeling like you’re right on Bourbon Street, killing it during Mardi Gras. Then the guitar music comes in, and you’re ready to jam. She explains that she’s “daddy’s little girl,” and she had to grow up tough. This song is basically about her father teaching her how she should value herself and be strong, not letting any man push her around or make her feel any less than what she’s worth. Basically, shoot any man who isn’t worth it and who makes you cry. It’s a little extreme. Also, her dad says, “He’s playing you.” It just goes to show how much a dad really knows when it comes to his little girls. Here’s to the dads who have their daughters’ backs.