Founded in the early 1960's The Rolling Stones are arguably the most iconic rock n' roll band in history. For over 50 years, The Rolling Stones have produced hit after hit. Almost too many to count. The band was founded in 1962 by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards. The two had gone to school together. Over the years The Stones produced multiple hit records. Records such as Let it Bleed (1969) Sticky Fingers (1971) Exile on Main St (1972) Tattoo You (1981). After so many years, The Stones are still playing together. Something I got to witness first hand when they came to Indy a few years ago and gave an unforgettable live show. The Rolling Stones have given us decades of unforgettable music so this week i've compiled a list of their essential tracks.

Start Me Up (1981)

The first on a list of classic hits, Start Me Up was featured on The Stones’ 16th studio album Tattoo You and remains one of their most acclaimed songs. This passionate track was originally intended to be featured on The Stones 19__ album Some Girls but wont up being cut and shelved in the archives for a couple years before being unearthed. Start Me Up is a popular opener at The Stones live shows and always manages to get the crowd on their feet.

Gimme Shelter (1969)

From their eighth studio album Let It Bleed, this classic power ballad was written by Stone’s frontman Mick Jagger and guitarist Keith Richards. When asked, Mick Jagger acknowledged the Vietnam War as the inspiration behind this particular creation. Gimme Shelter has been featured in countless movies and TV shows over the years and is currently ranked number 38 on Rolling Stone’s 500 Greatest Songs of All Time”and remains one of the band’s most covered hits.

Sister Morphine (1971)

This soulful bluesy track is featured on The Stone’s ninth studio album Sticky Fingers.The song, while released by The Rolling Stones was actually written by Frontman Mick Jagger's then-girlfriend Marianne Faithful, and originally appeared on the B-side of the 45 to her 1969 single Something Better. It took years for faithful to receive the credit for writing this hit as she is now credited as the writer

Beast Of Burden (1978)

Beast of Burden was first featured on their 14th studio album Some Girls and was written mostly by guitarist Keith Richards. The slow and rhythmic sounds of Beast of Burden were a hit on the US charts, reaching #8.

Wild Horses (1971)

My personal favorite Stones track Wild Horses was written by and featured on The Stones’ third studio album Sticky Fingers. It’s a gentler song than The Stones usual hits and was rumored to be about Jagger’s then-girlfriend Marianne Faithful. Seeing this song done live was easily the most memorable moment of the show. It sounded incredible