5 Easy Ways to Clean Your Glasses

Sunglasses are an important staple of any look you wear all year long.

As an accessory you are likely to wear every single day (because let's be honest, it doesn't have to be sunny to actually wear sunglasses), your pair will likely get a bit dirty over time.

And, in addition to sunglasses, many of us also wear regular glasses on a daily basis. And these are just as important to care for, as they are what many of us require to see properly in a range of environments.

Your glasses should be cared for, and cleaning them is something you should make time to do on a regular basis.

But time is also of the essence, so we've put together our top tips on how to clean your glasses and ensure they are always sparkly, shiny, and prepped to protect and enhance your eyesight at any moment of the day.

Here are the top five easiest ways to clean your glasses so that you can care for one of your most invaluable accessories.

1. Invest in the correct cloth

One of the first steps to cleaning your glasses the correct way, and will save you a lot of time in the future, is to invest in the correct cleaning cloth. You can't just use any old cloth to clean your lenses. You will want to have a microfiber cloth on hand so that you can clean your glasses correctly from the get-go without having rick of making them dirtier or, worse, scratching them! With the right cloth, cleaning your glasses will be that much easier!

2. Use warm water and soap

When washing your glasses, you want to use warm water and soap to ensure that each nook and cranny of your glasses are properly cleaned and cared for. A mix of warm water and gentle soap will do the trick perfectly, and after you are done rinsing you can dry them off with that microfiber cloth.

3. Visit a professional

Every now and then, it is beneficial to bring those glasses to a professional like an optometrist or eyeglass retailer to get your glasses checked in for a professional cleaning. In fact, many offer complimentary cleaning if you bought the glasses from them! If you have glasses you'll likely be going in for an annual eye exam, so that is the perfect time to bring them in for a cleaning as well.

4. Store them in a protective case

Another way to easily clean your glasses and ensure that they don't get dirty or damaged is by storing them in a protective case when you aren't wearing them. Chucking them on the table without any protection whatsoever will slowly chip away at the frame and risk external dust or particles damaging the lenses. So take the time to carefully put them away when not in use.

5. Invest in an eyewear kit

If you want an all-in-one solution for having everything you need to care for your glasses, then an eyewear kit is the way to go. These kits come with the cleansing spray, the microfiber cloth, and a repair tool kit, so you will always have what you need to easily clean your glasses.

Cleaning your glasses can seem like an annoying chore. But if you put a little bit of time aside every day to care for them, they will last longer, look better and ensure you get your full money's worth! Cleaning them is quite simple, especially if you get the all-in-one kit. The fundamentals are to really ensure you clean them with the right type of cloth, the right type of spray or water, and store them safely away when not in use! You'll be amazed at how well-kept your glasses are from the care you give them!