5 Easy-To-Make Summer Snacks

5 Easy-To-Make Summer Snacks

These will be sure to cool you off this summer!

113
5 Easy-To-Make Summer Snacks
Live Love Texas

Summer is the season for spending time with friends, relieving all the built-up stress from the school year, and enjoying your free time doing whatever you can come up with and imagine. Whether you’re tanning by the pool, watching your dog chase a ball at the dog park, or hanging out with some friends, the heat from summer hits us all. For this reason, it is important to remember to stay cool and hydrate during these hot months. In order to stay cool, one of the best things to do is make a refreshing snack. Popsicles, fruit cups, and other cool snacks only take a short while to prepare with limited ingredients and tools. For those looking for some new snack ideas or simply instructions, here five recipes for snacks that will be sure to cool you off this summer!

1. Cantaloupe-Strawberry Popsicles

This deliciously refreshing snack is sure to win the hearts of any fruit lover or friend. For a serving of 10 popsicles, all you need are 5 cups of diced cantaloupe, 5-7 sliced strawberries, and a popsicle mold with some popsicle sticks. The first step is to place the sliced strawberries into the popsicle mold. Next, you’ll want to blend the cantaloupe into a purée and pour that purée over the popsicle mold afterwards. Now add the popsicle sticks and freeze the mold with the puree for at least four hours. After at least four hours, you now have cantaloupe-strawberry popsicles to enjoy.

2. JELL-O Pudding Pops

JELL-O Pudding Pops are the perfect treat for chocolate lovers. All you need is one package (3.9 oz) of JELL-O Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding, two cups of milk, plastic (or paper) cups, and popsicle sticks to make six mouth-watering servings. The first step is to beat the ingredients, or specifically the JELL-O Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding and milk, for two minutes with the whisk. Afterwards, pour the mixture into the plastic, or paper, cups on hand and insert the popsicle sticks. Lastly, you will want to freeze these for five hours, or until their firm, before you peel off the cups and serve these refreshing treats.

3. Chocolate Dipped Frozen Bananas

Another treat to cool you off and relieve your chocolate craving is the frozen banana. Now some people are sure to question this unconventional treat; however, with an added splash of chocolate and nuts, this treat is sure to please. All you need are some ripe bananas (but not over-ripe), chocolate, nuts (or other toppings of your choosing), wax paper and popsicle sticks. The first step is to cut the bananas in half, or simply the end if you prefer a larger treat, and place the popsicle sticks in the bottom. Freeze these bananas for an hour while you prepare your toppings. Now it is important to note that your banana must be completely frozen in order for the chocolate to harden and the following steps to work. Next, dip your banana into the chocolate and sprinkle the nuts, or other toppings like toffee bits and coconut. After preparing your banana, wrap it in wax paper and let it freeze for one more hour before you chow down!

4. Fruit popsicles

Maybe what you need isn’t a brand new idea for a snack, but just a new way to eat it. For those looking for a healthier snack to serve to guests at some summer party, flower-shaped fruit popsicles might be the way to go! All you need is fruit of your choosing, cookie cutters, and popsicle sticks. The first step is to simply cut the fruit with the cookie cutters into the desired shapes. Next, insert the popsicle sticks and enjoy; you do not even have to freeze these snacks! However, some things to note for these fruity snacks is that metal cutters tend to work better than plastic and it is important that you insert the popsicle sticks prior to serving in order to avoid the treats getting soggy. This delicious and creative snack is sure to catch the eye of every guest you have.

5. Watermelon-Mint Soda Float

The final summer treat isn’t really a treat at all, but instead the perfect drink to cool off with on a hot summer day. This recipe requires two and a half cups of watermelon chunks with the large seeds removed, 12-15 fresh mint leaves chopped coarsely, 12 ounces of club soda or carbonated water, vanilla ice cream, a blender and strainer. The first step in to combine the watermelon, mint, and club soda in the blender. For about 30-60 seconds of blending with quick pulses, the mixture should be ready. This step is meant to simply break down the watermelon and not completely mix the ingredients. Next pour the mixture through a mesh strainer and into a large bowl or container in order to remove the seeds. Finally, fill two glasses with vanilla ice cream, pour the watermelon soda over top, and enjoy this delicious float with a friend!

Summer is a time to enjoy life and decompress from the difficulties of the school year. With these wonderful, refreshing recipes you’ll be sure to stay cool while enjoying the summer heat with some friends.