5 Delicious Low-Calorie Starbucks Drinks

We all love our Starbucks during the school year, but they can be so high in calories! Here are some ways to make your favorite drinks low-calorie!

50

I am an absolute fiend when it comes to drinking Starbucks during the school year. For all of those late nights, I'm sure many of you can relate to this as well. But recently, I've realized that these drinks I've been getting are ridiculously high in calories! My go-to order, a Venti Caramel Macchiato has 350 calories with whole milk, but even with non-fat milk, it still has 250 calories. That is relatively low for a sweet drink, but popular drinks like a Grande White Chocolate Mocha has almost 500 calories. In the past month, I have been in pursuit of finding delicious, low-calorie drinks to drink during the school year, and I've found five alternatives that taste exactly the same as the normal, higher-calorie drink!

Iced White Chocolate Mocha

A Starbucks' Grande Iced White Chocolate Mocha drink has 420 calories when made traditionally and with two percent milk. Getting this drink down to around 110 calories is easy. First off, skip the whipped cream. Having this drink without whipped cream takes off 120 calories! That gives you a 300 calorie White Chocolate Mocha. If you want even fewer calories, order this: A grande iced coffee with no classic syrup, two pumps of white chocolate mocha sauce, two pumps of sugar-free vanilla syrup, and nonfat milk. This brings your delicious White Chocolate Mocha down to approximately 110 calories! This is just an approximation, but it is likely this order will likely yield around 100.120 calories, a perfect alternative to that original 420 calories!

Iced Caramel Macchiato

Starbucks' Caramel Macchiatos are made with espresso, but this alternative is actually made with cold brew. A traditional Venti Caramel Macchiato has 250 calories, but this alternative only has 100 calories! To get a delicious caramel "mock"iato, order this: A venti cold brew with one pump of caramel syrup, four pumps of sugar-free vanilla syrup, light cream, and light caramel drizzle. If you want even lower calories, as for light non-fat milk, but this gives it a more bitter taste. This order is only approximately 100 calories, but can range from 80 to 110 calories with the exact same flavor!

Pink Drink

Starbucks' Pink Drinks are an iconic drink from the chain, and a traditional Grande Pink Drink has 140 calories. This alternative is both larger and lower in calories, only 35 calories for a Venti! If you want a delicious Pink Drink alternative, order this: A venti passion tango iced tea unsweetened, add strawberry infusion, light coconut milk, one scoop of strawberries, and two packs of stevia. This order is quite complicated, but it is bigger, lower in calories, and tastes exactly the same!

Pumpkin Spice Latte

A Pumpkin Spice Latte is a seasonal fall favorite, but a grande has 420 calories! Another way for this drink to be lower in calories is to get rid of the whipped cream. By getting a normal pumpkin spice latte without whipped cream, it takes off 70 calories, making the drink 350 calories. If you want a lower calorie option, order this: A grande blonde americano (hot) with one pump of pumpkin sauce, three pumps of sugar-free vanilla syrup, steamed almond milk, and extra pumpkin spice topping. This drink is only 90 calories and tastes exactly like the original!

Salted Cream Cold Foam Cold Brew

Starbucks' new cold foam cold brew drinks are delicious, but a grande salted cream cold foam cold brew packs around 230 calories in it! If you want this delicious drink for only 70 calories, order this: A grande salted cream cold foam cold brew with one pump of caramel syrup, three pumps of sugar-free vanilla syrup, a splash of non-fat milk, and ask for the foam to be made with non-fat milk and sugar-free vanilla. This is a slightly complicated order, but if you want this delicious, popular drink for a fraction of the calories, it is totally worth it. This drink also is one of the only low-calorie drinks of this list that doesn't change the base of the drink, so if you want to try it out, do it!

I have personally ordered all of these drinks and thoroughly enjoyed all of them! Although the orders are lengthy and you may get a dirty look from your barista, they are all perfect for those of you who are trying to watch your calorie intake. All of these calorie counts are approximations from the base calories of every ingredient and can also vary depending on how heavy-handed your barista is on the syrups and milk options. If you want a large selection of low-calorie, macro-friendly drinks from both Starbucks and Dunkin' Donuts, check out Alex Moe or @themacrobarista on Instagram.