5 Comedy TV Shows To Distract Yourself While On Corona-Cation

Take a break from watching the news and allow yourself to have a laugh! Check out these five shows that will for sure distract you.

5

It's so easy to automatically turn on the news first thing in the morning as a torturing, grim reminder of our reality right now. Although it's very important to stay informed, you can't immerse yourself and fall completely down the rabbit hole. Instead, consider this time to be a "stay-cation;" rather a "corona-cation." Relax and check out these shows that will definitely take your mind off of the outside world!

1. Curb Your Enthusiasm -- HBO

Youtube

Curb your enthusiasm is, in my opinion, hysterical but it definitely appeals to a specific type of humor, so try it out! The series follows Larry David in his life as a semi-retired television writer and producer in Los Angeles. The cast along with nearly every episode is filled with celebrities that will for sure make you laugh and cringe.

2. It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia-- FXX

Youtube

Receiving a 96% on Rotten Tomatoes, "Always Sunny" is one of the most well known comedic television shows. The show follows "The Gang," the owners of the unsuccessful Paddy's Pub; a group of degenerates who love nothing more than to scheme, conspire, and mostly revel in each other's misery.

3. Big Mouth-- Netflix

Youtube

If you're like me and prefer to watch cartoons, there are countless adult-styled animated shows on a variety of networks. One of the newest is "Big Mouth" on Netflix. It is an American adult animated sitcom created by Nick Kroll, Andrew Goldberg, Mark Levin, and Jennifer Flackett featuring teens based on Kroll and Goldberg's upbringing in suburban New York. This show is extremely entertaining and too easy to binge watch.

4. Family Guy-- FXX, Adult Swim

Youtube

Again, if you're more of a cartoon-person, you'll definitely want to check out "Family Guy." Unlike "Big Mouth," "Family Guy" is not new. First airing in 1999, "Family Guy" is now on its 17th season. It's sick, twisted and politically incorrect; the animated series features the adventures of the Griffin family. It's extremely easy to binge watch and most likely something your whole family can join in on-- again, it requires an acquired sense of humor but I 100% recommend it.

5. Seinfeld-- TBS, Hulu

Youtube

Yep, I said it. Seinfeld-- seriously, try it! I know it's an oldie but it's really a good one. The plot revolves around four single friends -- comic Jerry Seinfeld, bungling George Costanza, frustrated working gal Elaine Benes and eccentric neighbor Cosmo Kramer -- dealing with the absurdities of everyday life in New York City. If you're sick of "Friends," "That 70's Show," and/or "The Office" turn on Seinfeld and pretend it's the 90's again--a simpler time.

I know in these difficult times it's hard to act like everything's normal when it is anything but. I encourage everyone, in addition to completing homework and their daily work tasks, to take advantage of this time and be creative. Pursue a hobby you've been putting off, take care of your body and your mind, and start a passion project! If you need to take a break from the news, check out these shows. They always make my friends and I smile so I hope they make you too!