5 College Problems Better Than Finals Week

I'd rather deal with just about anything else, honestly.
122

The relaxation of the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade, football, and eating your body weight in mashed potatoes has passed, and college students reluctantly made the trek back to campus. We put away our stretchy pants and instead, break out the books and laptops. The eye of the hurricane was Thanksgiving Break, and we've now hit the second wind: Finals.

Finals week is quickly approaching, and it's setting off every alarm that this semester has truly flown by. While we all prepare for the storm of studying for days upon days, here's a list of college problems that I'd rather have to deal with than finals week.

1. Every parking lot being full

There's nothing like having class in fifteen minutes and you're stuck doing circles around every lot, praying someone will leave. Half the time, you just have to say "screw it" and either risk the parking ticket or skip class. Dealer's choice.

2. Buying every textbook and not using a single one

"This is mandatory," "You need the book, too, not just the access code." Of course, I love dropping $400 on textbooks just to have the bookstores either not accept them to return because they're getting an updated version next semester, or getting 1/6th of what I paid back.

3. Having a negative account balance and needing to pay your bills

This is probably the one constant, universal law of college students: Whether you're paying for your school or not, you're broke. Not only do I need to worry about how I'm going to pay for my next meal, I now need to worry about whether or not I've wasted a semester's worth of money.

4. Walking to class in the pouring rain after missing the campus shuttle

Everything is soaked. Your backpack, your clothes, your soul. A part of you died a block ago. Your professor should just be glad you even bothered to show up, because usually only a third of the class has.

5. Running out of money on your meal plan before the semester is half over

You'd be amazed at how long a tub of snacks and $4 in your bank account can last you when you're determined enough. College means living on a tight budget, so you'd better learn how to make ramen noodles in a coffee pot.