My 5 College Fails

My 5 College Fails

Avoiding humiliation is next to impossible.

13
My 5 College Fails
BBC

College is a learning experience; academically, spiritually, physically, and emotionally. My first three weeks of college have been a roller coaster but have been in no way shy of embarrassing and stupid moments. You know, those moments where you are sure that this could only happen to you. No other person on this planet could manage to make the mistake you just made. Well, to make all of you out there who have felt this way feel a little better about yourselves, here are some of my moments from the past three weeks.

1. I Got My Headphones Stuck In An Exercise Bike

First thing's first, I'm not really a gym junkie. I never played a single sport in high school and physical activity just really isn't my thing. But I decided that college was a great time to start exercising because you get totally free access to the gym (ya know, except you're paying a couple grand to go to school there). My friends and I decided to start on the stationary bikes. After I had finally finished the workout, I let my headphones drop out of my ears in exhaustion. When I did that, the ear bud got lodged in between the pedal and the machine of the stationary bike. I couldn't believe that I had just done that. I had to yank the wire apart from the ear bud because it was so stuck. I'm pretty sure the ear piece is still stuck there. Well, time for some new headphones.

2. I Shattered Our Coffee Pot

My roommate and I leave our dishes to dry on the windowsill, mostly because its' the only spare inch of space that we have in our dorm room. I went to put the blind down for the night and before I knew it, the coffee pot was on the ground in shambles. The blind must have knocked the coffee pot onto the floor (which is carpeted by the way). May I also mention that the drop from the windowsill to the carpeted floor is about three feet. I have no idea how that caused the pot to smash into smithereens, but one thing is for certain, our coffee days are over for now. This also makes us the saddest college students around.

3. The Nastiness Of The Shower

They weren't joking when they said communal bathrooms were a nightmare. My roommate and I like to see what all new nasty things we can find in the bathroom each time we go in. We even invented a hashtag (#goodwaystobenasty). So far we have found many unflushed cases of diarrhea, dirty, wet underwear in the shower, and a few girls even stained the tile of three showers because they decided to dye their hair one weekend. Seriously.

4. We Locked Ourselves Out

My roommate and I decided to go to the gym one night (I know, I was really brave after my previous incident). We gathered up our stuff and headed off to the fitness center; leaving something very important behind our locked door: OUR KEYS! Not one, but both of us left our room keys and I.D in the locked room. We then had to cut our workout short and hunt down an R.A to unlock our room for us. We had to be those freshman. Better yet, if it happens again, we have to pay a fine. This was also about twenty minutes after I shattered the coffee pot.

5. I Thought It Was Ketchup

We had one of the best lunches this past week: crispy chicken wraps and chip french fries! Chip fries are my absolute favorite so I made sure to get a good helping. Beside the food was all different types of sauces and little bowls to put them in. I grabbed the red bottle and squirted some ketchup into a bowl and went on my way. I got a nice big heap of the red sauce onto my fry and took a bite. My mouth was suddenly filled with fire. I had no idea what was happening. Finally I realized that this was not ketchup. This was hot sauce. And it was in my mouth.

As you see, I really don't need anyone to embarrass me. I do that just fine on my own. Embarrassing moments happen and I've simply learned to just laugh at them because they make the best stories (and Odyssey articles)! So next time you do something stupid, come on back to this article and give it a share. Best wishes surviving your days with class, poise, and very few embarrassing moments!