5 Clean Skincare Products You Have To Try

Why would you buy products made with potentially harmful chemicals when there are plenty of clean products that work just as well or even better?

16
@the.top.shelf.edit

The United States hasn't passed comprehensive cosmetic reform in almost 80 years. As a result of this, many beauty products contain confirmed carcinogens as well as other harmful chemicals and possible irritants. For those of us who use many self care products, it's hard to determine what's safe to put on our bodies. All of these products are free from hazardous ingredients, and actually work!

Pacifica's Face Wash

2.bp.blogspot.com

I've tried this face wash in both the coconut milk formula and the kale detox formula and they're both amazing, especially for sensitive skin. The coconut milk wash is moisturizing but not heavy, and the kale wash is light and not stripping! Both formulas are sold on Pacifica's website, Ulta, and on Amazon.

The Ordinary's Niacinamide

images.squarespace-cdn.com

I'm far from the first person to recommend this, but niacinamide is a game-changer for oily, acne-prone skin. I buy bottles of this months in advance so I know I'll never run out because it's that good. Run don't walk!

The Ordinary's Hyaluronic Acid

allisonbarberamakeup.files.wordpress.com

I usually only moisturize with rosehip oil (yes, even though I have oily skin), but in the winter when I feel like my skin needs more moisture, I use this twice a day and its fantastic. It's definitely moisturizing without clogging your pores or feeling too heavy.

Bolden's Clear Skin Clay Mask

cdn.shopify.com

This face mask is great for acne-prone skin! It's cleansing but doesn't leave your face feeling dry at all. Bolden is a black owned brand, and the formula is made with darker skin tones in mind, but it works for all skin tones! I have light skin and this mask is one of my go-to's.

The Ordinary's AHA and BHA Mask

theordinary.deciem.com

This peeling solution is intense, so if you have highly sensitive skin I might recommend against it. However, for anyone concerned about acne, acne scars, hyperpigmentation, or fine lines, this mask is amazing. You can apply it to your face (avoiding your eye area) and leave it on for no more than 10 minutes (but I try to wash it off after about 7). After using this regularly for several months I've definitely noticed a difference.