5 Care Tips for Your Car Battery

5 Care Tips for Your Car Battery

Your car battery is the heart and soul of your vehicle. Mostly, this is nothing but a rechargeable battery that helps you to supply electrical current to the vehicle.

3
Battery Reconditioning

Your car battery is the heart and soul of your vehicle. Mostly, this is nothing but a rechargeable battery that helps you to supply electrical current to the vehicle. The main motto of installing this battery is to feed the starter. Once the starter is powered, the engine can be started quickly.

On the other hand, all other electrical systems of the car can easily be run by the battery with alternator charging. It all depends on the increase or decrease in demand. If there is no battery power, rest assured your car won't start. It has a huge responsibility.

A car battery life is approximately five to six years, and pretty obvious depending on how well it is taken care of by you. Keep in mind that multiple discharge or recharge cycles can affect your battery life negatively. Using electronics also affects the battery while the engine is the quickest to drain the battery. A battery can easily maintain its charge when the engine is on. But the moment you turn off the engine, the electronics can draw the power from the battery itself. All the systems of the car should be turned off especially headlights and cabin lights, they put a lot of load on the battery.

No matter how well you take care of your car and its battery begins working, over the period of time your battery will fade off in its power and eventually it will demand to be replaced. Weak batteries have pretty obvious symptoms. By looking at them, you can easily know if it is already time to get a new battery. If there is a slow startup, understand that your battery does not have enough power to fire up the engine. If there is an illuminated Battery Warning Light, then understand that you need to pay special attention to your battery. A dying or dead battery could be the reason why vehicle electronics ( such as central locks or cabin lights) just stop working

Here are the best care tips for longer battery life:

1. Make sure to clean from the top of the auto battery and then remove the corrosion from around the battery cables using a good cleaner. The clamps should be removed and wipe the grease, dirt, and oxidation away. If your battery connection is dirty, the charge will be weakened.
  2. Check the levels of Electrolyte - Sometimes the battery needs water so that it is clean and distilled to be used. you have to be careful and not overfill the cells. Also, you have to make sure that the water and acid mixture in the battery (electrolyte) is placed at the bottom of the fill hole. The water you add should be mixed well for a few hours. For testing the electrolyte in every cell, you can squeeze the ball on the hydrometer. Plus, you can also get the solution into the tester. After that, just hold the test level and record the reading. After all, it is done, simply put the solution back into the cell.
  3. Try not to use electronics while idling - Always make sure that you turn off your vehicle electronics like radio, air conditioner, lights, etc when the engine is not running. This way, you can reduce the stress on your batteries. If there is an extended period of idling, then this can increase the wear and tear on your precious batteries.
  4. Check the voltage charge of the battery - These are rechargeable batteries. Charging the Battery when you feel the voltage is low or the car was unused for a long time. investing in a good car battery charger, it will help in maintaining charge level when the car is not in use for a longer period of time. wet cloth to be placed on the caps before charging it prevents any untoward fire in the battery in case of shortening in the terminals.
  5. Battery Reconditioning - Instead of replacing the batteries you can also recondition the old batteries at home which will make sure your battery starts working again. A battery regenerator is a device that restores the capacity of the batteries, extending their effective lifespan. Reconditioning car batteries refers to the process of bringing back the healthy life and charging capacity of your old and dead batteries. It will be a total waste to just readily throw your old batteries when you can still recondition it for one to three times. There are many easy battery reconditioning programs which will help you to recondition the batteries at home.